banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a Line 6 M5/M9/M13? Found something cool in mine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a Line 6 M5/M9/M13? Found something cool in mine.

As you know, these units have a "Line 6 Drive" model which I always thought was just a less aggressive counterpart to the Line 6 Distortion, which is as high gain as it gets.
    Turns out it's more than that, and this is NOT mentioned in the manual or elsewhere. Found it in the Line 6 forums, actually.

The "mid" knob is not really a mid knob on the Line 6 Drive model, it's a Morph knob.

Fully CCW it's a fuzz model that IMO sounds waaay better than all the actual fuzz models the M13 has.
    Fully CW it's sort of a DS1 sounding unit, and the morph lets you dial in a bit of fuzzy madness to the DS1 tone, or to tighten up the loose fuzz tones it has.

I'm really loving it for my lead sounds. Doesn't sound as good as a real nice fuzz pedal, but I'll take it!
    Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
    Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
    Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
    Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Re: Got a Line 6 M5/M9/M13? Found something cool in mine.

That was kind of an important omission....
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

That is noted on the "FX parameters" manual:

"Line 6 Drive:
      A Line 6 original, this model makes special use of Knob 3, labeled Mid. At minimum,
      you’ll get the sound of a ‘70s-style fuzz box clone. As you adjust it towards 50%, you’ll get
      a more modern, high gain sound like the Rat or the BossŪ Super Distortion. Turning it up
      to maximum, you’ll get the gritty bite typical of a Sola Sound Tone Bender."
      Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Oops. I guess I'm full of **** then, haha.
        Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
        Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
        Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
        Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

I never used that drive- it was always too aggressive for me. I use the Tube Drive, mostly.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I need to try this, I am still looking to get a cool fuzz sound without having another pedal on my full board. thanks Diego.
            The other day I got a great fuzzesque tone by cascading a klon(e) with tc dark matter, can't remember the settings though.

Comment

Working...
            X