Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tc electronics Sentry Noise gate

Hello everyone,
    Ok I have had this pedal since it came out and it works great however I don't seem to really understand the Decay and Damp knobs.
    They don't really seem to do anything. Can anyone explain to me how to use them?

Re: tc electronics Sentry Noise gate

If you google "TC Sentry manual", its literally the first result that pops up.

The Damp knob controls how much of the output signal is being gated (or, as they call it in the manual, attenuated) once the input signal from the guitar falls below the preset threshold. Basically, you stop playing, and the gate starts working, and the knob setting determins how much signal is still allowed to pass through.
    The Decay knob controls how quickly the gate shuts. Higher settings wouldd be the equivalent of your angry dad pulling the plug on your amplifier to tell you to clean your damn room. Lower settings is your mommy dearest slowly turning down the volume knob in a nice, even fade, kindly informing you that it's high time to put the guitar away and clean your damn room.

From the user's manual: The three Sentry Noise Gate knobs control the “When?”, “How much?” and “How quickly?” of noise elimination.
    Last edited by Coma; 02-05-2018, 08:59 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    1973 Aria 551
    1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
    1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
    1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
    1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
    1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
    2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Thanks man I will sit with it and redial it in. I just put them straight up and it seems to work well there. But know I have a better understanding on what they do, I can dial it in to my liking.
      Thanks again man.

Comment

NP. IIRC correctly, the Sentry can run three sense levels simultaneously, but you need to use the computer software to tweak them.
        --------------------------------------------------------
        1973 Aria 551
        1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
        1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
        1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
        1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
        1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
        2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Originally posted by Coma View Post
          NP. IIRC correctly, the Sentry can run three sense levels simultaneously, but you need to use the computer software to tweak them.
          I saw that. I may have to download it. I have the toneprint app but don't use it for the Sentry.

Comment

Working...
          X