Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD

Finally got my TrueTone Route 66

Bought it for my bass rig, but might buy another for the guitar rig. It's a bit jelly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1104.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	5846952

Re: NPD

cool. Any sound demos?

Comment

Haven't used it yet. Too busy getting acquainted with my new bass head.

I will be trying it on both guitar and bass soon though.

I've resigned myself to the possibility that I may need to get a second one to keep from dismantling whichever board it's on when I switch instruments.

Comment

My bassist has been using one in his rig for years now. Seems to work out well for him.

Comment

Ohhh I dig the bag. It is amazing how something simple like the bag it comes in makes a difference.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

thats come a long way since the old one i had. looks cool

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              Ohhh I dig the bag. It is amazing how something simple like the bag it comes in makes a difference.
              Sometimes it's in the details. Sure, lots of companies, even some Chinese clone one, have those bags too; but it just makes the, seem like they care more than the ones that don't include this kind if stuff.

I connected it to my guitar rig last night. Big mistake. I need a second one now so I don't canabalize my bass board. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by kjrocks View Post
                My bassist has been using one in his rig for years now. Seems to work out well for him.
                I've heard of bassists using the older versions too. That MXR Dynacomp/Ross based compressor just works. And I guess the bass boost on the Route 808 side might have been a plus.

I like this one because if the clean mix knobs.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                  thats come a long way since the old one i had. looks cool
                  The compressor is more or less the same but with the noise gate added in the V2 series now having an external switch.

The OD is no longer a Tubescreamer 808 based but based on their Garagetone Drivetrain OD, which apparently was originally a circuit they designed for another company... Framus, if I recall correctly. Adding the clean mix and an alternate voicing (louder, more headroom) was a good move too.

But my favourite parts of the new series is the option to have true bypass or buffered bypass and the ability to separate the circuits for use in a switcher or change the order of them with a jumper.

Comment

That looks like a cool looking pedal with quite an array of control knobs. Looks very versatile indeed. Sound clips would be neat to hear.

;>)/
                    sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

sweet, thanks for the run down on the updates!

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                        sweet, thanks for the run down on the updates!
                        Also forgot, if you really want the old Ross/Dynacomp style compressor, turn the clean mix up full and turn off the tone control.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisDyingSoul76 View Post
                          The compressor is more or less the same but with the noise gate added in the V2 series now having an external switch.

The OD is no longer a Tubescreamer 808 based but based on their Garagetone Drivetrain OD, which apparently was originally a circuit they designed for another company... Framus, if I recall correctly. Adding the clean mix and an alternate voicing (louder, more headroom) was a good move too.

But my favourite parts of the new series is the option to have true bypass or buffered bypass and the ability to separate the circuits for use in a switcher or change the order of them with a jumper.
                          Not Framus, it waa Reverend. I would have assumed they used the route 808 circuit in the route 66 the way they did before with v1 & v2., I like my drivetrain. See if you can find their chainsaw distortion, the name is misleading. Its sounds good too, gets overlooked often.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
                            Not Framus, it waa Reverend. I would have assumed they used the route 808 circuit in the route 66 the way they did before with v1 & v2., I like my drivetrain. See if you can find their chainsaw distortion, the name is misleading. Its sounds good too, gets overlooked often.
                            Thanks for the correction on the company they originally designed the drivetrain for.

I was surprised that they seem to have gotten away from the Route 808 entirely. Not sure as I haven't looked too closely at what is used for their other OD's, but I think the Jeckyl and Hyde R808 side was replaced by something based on their Open Road. But I'm told if you want the TS sound, it can be dialed in to get some of that mid bump happening.

They seem to have either gotten rid of the circuits based on other company's designs and replaced them with stuff that was their own design or they've modified them to the point they've become their own thing.

I definitely will keep an eye out for a Chainsaw. Those Garagetone series pedals are all much better quality than their prices when new suggested. Bob Weil has said his biggest failure with that line was how he priced them so low, thinking he'd basically offer a high quality but budget friendly line of pedals. He priced himself out of the market by going so low people naturally assumed they were crap without even trying them.

I'm sort of a Visual Sound/TrueTone fanboy. I have other pedal brands, but tend to go out if my way to snap up their stuff when it comes up used and this us my 3rd V3 series pedal. I was thinking I don't really need the VSXO because it seemed between the Jeckyl and Hyde and the Route 66 I have those bases covered; but from looking at it, while the left OD does appear to be the Jeckyl side of the J&H V3, the right side of the VSXO is different.

Comment

The garagetone series was great. I bought all except for the delay. Out of those the tremolo developed noise problems for me. It waa my fav becaise the buffer in it wasn't transparent but did something to the tone that made everything sound great. I miss that pedal. The opto thing they used in it waa discontinued, I guess they didn't bother making a v3 version of it & the phaser, that would have been great as well. I have their open road pedal as well, that ones a keeper too.

Comment

Working...
                              X