banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Bill Finnegan stopped making Klons again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Has Bill Finnegan stopped making Klons again?

If I had a dollar for every influential musician that didn't use a Klon, I could buy Bill Finnegan.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by YeRedHouseOverYonder View Post
      Crazy. I saw one for $225 about 2 months ago. Should've picked one up.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
      I see the Klon KTR advertised for $269. new. Which is the price Bill Finnigan sold them for.

But when you go to the website, the store or seller lists them as “out of stock”.

I don’t think anyone who has one to sell is selling it for much under $400. today.
      Last edited by Lewguitar; 03-10-2018, 08:09 AM.
      “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

I noticed the cosmetics were a little different on the last batch... I think he was giving us all a hint.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10155558_10152096750017734_5230671992531487889_n.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	5805774
        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          so if i spend too much on a pedal, ill go to hell?
          That completely depends on whether or not you're married.
          I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
            I noticed the cosmetics were a little different on the last batch... I think he was giving us all a hint.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]88103[/ATTACH]
            Those are already going for a grand!
            “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
              That completely depends on whether or not you're married.
              so if im married, then i get a pass?

Comment

Think about it, what would your wife think if you purchased a little metal box for $2500 that is 95% the same as one that can be had for $50 used? My wife would take that as a sign that I've finally lost it.
                Last edited by Chistopher; 03-14-2018, 06:07 PM.
                You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

where can i spend $50 for a klon? i'll take two! my wife would think she lucky to have a husband who can afford to waste $2500 on a little metal box while still keeping a roof over our heads, food in our bellys, and drinks in our hands if she married me, then she already would know ive lost it, or never had it

Comment

No Klon's for $50. He said a $50 box can be had that is 95% of the $2500 box. But, you can buy plenty of Klondike Bars for $50. Or, for $50 I can build a real nice klone and have money left over for at least a couple of boxes of Klondike Bars. What would you do-o-o for a Klondike Bar ...

Comment

ive played those $50 boxes and none of them did for me what a klon did, not that im spending $2500 or even $500 to get that thing. i would like a klondike bar though... havent had one those in forever!

Comment

Yeah, but some cheap $50 retail, mass produced Asian made "Klon" (that really isn't a "clone") ain't the same as sourcing a quality PCB, components and hardware and building a part for part, 1:1 copy, yourself.

Comment

very true! id love to get into pedal building sometime but i barely have time for the hobbies i currently have. chasing women, drinking and making a racket on stage eats up a lot of time!

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                            very true! id love to get into pedal building sometime but i barely have time for the hobbies i currently have. chasing women, drinking and making a racket on stage eats up a lot of time!
                            Yes, the important things in life can take up all of ones time. Especially the chasing and drinking.

I have a buddy with an original Klon Centaur (silver case). I think he still has it anyway. I replaced the footswitch on it for him, maybe 10 years ago. I've played through it before but never did a side by side comparison. I have no real burning desire to do so. I already know my "clone" sounds like a Klon. But still, it would be interesting to have them both on the board to pick out subtleties or nuances. I would need to get a passive a/b/y to do it right. Maybe I'll try and work it out ... when/if I'm really bored.

Comment

Working...
                            X