banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pedaltrain Classic Silver, need suggestion on power supply.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedaltrain Classic Silver, need suggestion on power supply.

Hello all,
    I was planning on building my own Pedal board again since I made the change to the Boss ES-8. Then on facebook I found a Pedaltrain Class 36x16 inch Board for $85 with case. Killer deal and it's different then usual, it's silver.
    I started my layout and I plan on adding another Wampler OD type pedal so I need a new Power supply. I currently have a Voodoo Labs 8 outlet with one high voltage outlet but I'm gonna need more.
    I was looking at the One Spot ISO 12 which by what I read is killer. Any opinions on a great power supply?
    There is the old home made board
    Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1027.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	5846968
    Here is the new board not assembled yet just messing around with placement.

Name:	IMG_4847.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	5846969

Re: Pedaltrain Classic Silver, need suggestion on power supply.

Rotated

Name:	fullsizeoutput_102a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	5805220

Comment

I have a Pedal Power Mondo and I love it. The reason I decided on the Mondo instead of a Walrus Phoenix or CS12 is because I need the aux AC jack for my Deja Vibe.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I got an MXR ISO-Brick for the 2 18v and 2 variable 'starved' outputs. Plenty of milliamps, no larger than a Strymon, affordable.

Comment

The Truetone One Spot Pro CS12 is a great supply. Comes with pedaltrain brackets too.

Comment

ive always used voodoo labs power and have been very happy

Comment

I see 10 pedals needing power and 1 high current (ES-8). I’d try the ES-8 on a high current, the Blues Driver, Spark and Triple Wreck or tuner on a Daisy Chain and the rest on dedicated power outputs. To check if the daisy chain is introducing noise, have a battery in the pedals on it and one by one, remove the power plug. If no excess noise is detected, you’re OK.

If you are really wanting isolation for each pedal, the CS12 is hard to beat.
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Or just add a CS7 or another Voodoo Lab supply to the one you already have.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
                  I have a Pedal Power Mondo and I love it. The reason I decided on the Mondo instead of a Walrus Phoenix or CS12 is because I need the aux AC jack for my Deja Vibe.
                  I'm strongly considering this one as well. I have the Voodoo Plus 8 outlet and it's been great, very quite and I have no electric issues at all with my rig.

Comment

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
                    The Truetone One Spot Pro CS12 is a great supply. Comes with pedaltrain brackets too.
                    Yeah very high on my list. It has everything I want I just don't know if it's as good as the Mondo from Voodoo. I wish someone did a vs shootout between the 2. Both of them look fantastic on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                      I see 10 pedals needing power and 1 high current (ES-8). I’d try the ES-8 on a high current, the Blues Driver, Spark and Triple Wreck or tuner on a Daisy Chain and the rest on dedicated power outputs. To check if the daisy chain is introducing noise, have a battery in the pedals on it and one by one, remove the power plug. If no excess noise is detected, you’re OK.

If you are really wanting isolation for each pedal, the CS12 is hard to beat.
                      Do you think it's better or on par with the Voodoo Mondo? They are the 2 I'm strongly considering picking up. The CS12 has a 500mv outlet. I do plan on adding another Wampler Plexi drive deluxe or the pinnacle deluxe.

Comment

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
                        Or just add a CS7 or another Voodoo Lab supply to the one you already have.
                        I thought of that but then I would need to run another power cord back to my Conditioner.

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
                          I thought of that but then I would need to run another power cord back to my Conditioner.
                          No you wouldn't. Just use an extension cord with a multiple outlet block. Or, a regular extension cord and one of those multiple outlet blocks to plug into it. Then use a couple of short IEC cables to plug from the main cord into your two supplies.

They have short IEC cables with both straight and right angle IEC plugs. Here is a right angle. https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-PWC-141R...ec+cable+short

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
                            Yeah very high on my list. It has everything I want I just don't know if it's as good as the Mondo from Voodoo. I wish someone did a vs shootout between the 2. Both of them look fantastic on paper.
                            I can tell you that I've owned Voodoo Lab supplies and the Turetone is every bit as quiet. I have never owned a Voodoo Lab Mondo. One advantage of the Truetone Pro's is that you aren't limited by the milliamp rating of each outlet. You are only limited by the total rating of the entire supply. In other words, for example, you can plug a 9 volt pedal that requires 300ma into any one of the 9V 100ma labeled ports and it will provide the power, safely. You just cant exceed the total current rating of the entire supply.

That said, your new board should be big enough to accommodate 2 supplies underneath. Personally, I would probably just add a second one. If one ever fails, at least you have the option to do some daisychaining off the working supply.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                              ive always used voodoo labs power and have been very happy
                              Some guys from Voodoo Labs started Decibel 11. Their supply is great it has variable power to allow you to sag pedals.

Comment

Working...
                              X