My board needs a fuzz !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My board needs a fuzz !!

Here is my current setup. Now all I need/want is a fuzz. I’m open to suggestions. Doom/stoner (sabbath, the sword, baroness, down) to 90’s alternative (bush, smashing pumpkins) . Torn between the reissue green Russian and the op amp big muff. Click image for larger version

Name:	EE8E70D2-9610-45AE-8686-E7963B3B0E13.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	5846995

Re: My board needs a fuzz !!

I'd opt for La Super Rica!

Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by loversmoon View Post
      Here is my current setup. Now all I need/want is a fuzz. I’m open to suggestions. Doom/stoner (sabbath, the sword, baroness, down) to 90’s alternative (bush, smashing pumpkins) . Torn between the reissue green Russian and the op amp big muff.
      If you're after a Muff and aren't sure about which version, you could go with the JHS Muffuletta and have most of them in one box.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

The best Muff is the Black Arts Pharaoh.
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
          If you're after a Muff and aren't sure about which version, you could go with the JHS Muffuletta and have most of them in one box.
          This. Did that, then figured out what I like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The muffuletta is out of the price range I wanna be in. I am digging the Duncan la super rica! Any fans off stomp under foot pedals here ? I’ll check out the pharaoh.

Comment

Earthquaker, Spires Fuzz

I played a BUNCH of fuzzes @ Carter Vintage last spring with a Les Paul through a Fender Deluxe Reverb. Liked it more than the Pharoah and much more than the JHS. The Muffaleta did everything ok but nothing that really blew my hair back.

My second favorite from that day was The Whaler from Matthews Effects. Amazing tone but the Spires also had an excellent Russian side so it went home with me

Comment

If you can get over the person behind them, I like a lot of Devi Ever fuzzes and find them more useable than a Muff (but some of them are ridiculous junk.) I quite like the Bit, Peaker, Hyperion, VFM and US. I'm not as big on the Soda Meiser but people like it. Then you get the ridiculous, unusable **** like the Zero Good/NoFi...
                Originally posted by King Buzzo
                I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

My board needs a fuzz !!

The muffuletta is out of the price range I wanna be in. I am digging the Duncan la super rica! Any fans off stomp under foot pedals here ? I’ll check out the pharaoh.
                  SUF is great but there’s a lot of diversity in their offering.

I love the Hoof. The current EHX reissues of the ones you mention are great and so are the SUF takes on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Swollen pickles are pretty good for a variety of muff sounds all in the one box but i really like the black arts pharaoh most of all including a green russian and a ramshead
                    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Does anyone here still just use a basic Boss Fuzz?

quick plug here;
                      This guy always has a great selection of minty pedals and has been very good to me when it comes to offers.

Comment

If you are looking for gritty and grainy I would suggest the Morley Cliff Burton Fuzz, think along the lines of Spirit in the Sky

Comment

I had a rams head clone and loved it. even the violet SUF seems super cool. The EQD hoof has my attention for sure. I’ll have to check out the Morley. I didn’t know that pedal even existed.
                          Last edited by loversmoon; 02-14-2018, 06:52 AM.

Comment

I’ll have to check out the Morley. I didn’t know that pedal even existed.
                            I have the WAH/FUZZ pedal. I wish I had just the FUZZ for real estate reasons. I already have a Morley VOL/WAH on the board and do not like playing without a volume pedal. So I have two WAHs?!?!

Comment

I think the new Opamp Big Muff would be a great place to start your fuzz/Muff journey. The tone bypass switch is nice to get some midrange back. The Russian tone stack can be huge for heavy music but also can get lost in a mix.
                              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                              X