Pedal Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal Ideas

I have a nice Squier Standard Strat and a Mustang GT40 amp I like. I like the modeling and get to play with all sorts of tones and settings to learn more.

I am an advanced beginning guitarist - can play along with some of my favorite songs and have a good time, still working on technique and being able to kind of play solo. Hobby guitarist - not wanting to gig anytime soon but maybe hit some jam sessions!

With a modeling amp, I’ve neglected the pedal route, but am curious about getting in that realm at some point. Should I wait to get a regular tube amp (thinking the Fender Blues Jr is on my shortlist) before going into pedals, or are they worth playing with even with a modeling amp? In any case, recommendations for first ones?

Right now, my only pedal is a Boss RC-3 looper which I love.

Style - blues, pop. Usually play cleaner tones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Squier Standard Stratocaster
    Mustang GT40
    Boss RC-3 Looper Pedal

Re: Pedal Ideas

A good modeling amp will react similarly to pedals. It depends on the pedals, player, and style of music of course. But you don't have to wait to get any pedals. BTW, I dig the RC-3 too.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Re: Pedal Ideas

I bought myself a few years back a DigiTech Bad Monkey overdrive pedal that I only paid $50 for...pretty cheap! It even has a metal casing and you can get some really nice classic overdrive tones from it. It's very versatile.

;>)/
      sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
      X