Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truetone Pedals

Hey guys,
    what is your overall opinion of Truetone pedals? They look nice but I have yet to plug into one. I'm curious how good they are or not compared to others similar in price.

Thanks,
    Dan

Re: Truetone Pedals

The Jekyll and Hyde is a pretty badass OD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I kinda like them

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1104.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	5805360

Name:	IMG_0414.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	5805361

Name:	IMG_0265.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	5805362

Name:	IMG_0362.jpg
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	5805363

Comment

I kinda want to try out all there OD type pedals

Comment

I find the OD's of the V3 series are similar but each has a character of its own.

Of the older Visual Sound pedals, the Route 808 is the OD circuit in their dual pedals. By the V2 series it evolved from pretty much a straight up TS clone to having more gain and more boost on tap and a bass boost.

The V3 series Jeckyl and Hyde distortion side has 2 voices - the original found in previous versions and a more open, less compressed voicing. The distortion is based on a Marshall Shredmaster. The new OD side is based on the Open Road according to the description on their website, which describes both circuits as Amp-like. The Open Road is a very warm, but without the drastic mid bump of a TS style design and sounds very much like the OD of a cranked amp. Previous versions had the Route 808 as the OD.

The V3 Route 66 OD is based on their Garagetone Drivetrain, originally designed for Reverend's own series of pedals. Older versions also used the Route 808.

The V3 VSXO, I'm not too sure on. It looks like the left side is the Same circuit as the Jeckyl and Hyde V3, the right side is something else. I'm guessing it's based on their Custom Shop Overdrive, a rare limited run circuit that was hand built at their Nashville headquarters .

In the Visual Sound Garagetone series, along with the Drivetrain there is also the Chainsaw Distortion, which in spite of its name is actually quite usable for styles other than metal.

And if fuzz is of interest, keep an eye out for their Angry Fuzz. It wasn't a big seller so it was out if production after about 2 years. There aren't as many out there compared to other pedals by them. It's got a knob labelled as Anger that lets you dal in/out an upper octave overtone.

Comment

I have also owned every version if the H2O.

They make really nice sounding delays and choruses, the V3 H2O being the best yet.

They also had the Tap Delay and Dual Tap Delay for a while but it's discontinued. I hear an updated version is coming soon.

The Garagetone series were a budget line, but problem was, they priced them so low a lot if people never gave them a chance. I say snap these up if you get the opportunity. I'm already seeing them on the used market for about the same price they cost when new. I love the Tremolo and Phaser and heard the delay in this series is nice too.

Comment

H2O v3 owner sounds great and cost less than getting a couple of individual pedals. And I really like the foot switches, so smooth and are claimed to have a life warranty.
              Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by ThisDyingSoul76 View Post
                I find the OD's of the V3 series are similar but each has a character of its own.

Of the older Visual Sound pedals, the Route 808 is the OD circuit in their dual pedals. By the V2 series it evolved from pretty much a straight up TS clone to having more gain and more boost on tap and a bass boost.

The V3 series Jeckyl and Hyde distortion side has 2 voices - the original found in previous versions and a more open, less compressed voicing. The distortion is based on a Marshall Shredmaster. The new OD side is based on the Open Road according to the description on their website, which describes both circuits as Amp-like. The Open Road is a very warm, but without the drastic mid bump of a TS style design and sounds very much like the OD of a cranked amp. Previous versions had the Route 808 as the OD.

The V3 Route 66 OD is based on their Garagetone Drivetrain, originally designed for Reverend's own series of pedals. Older versions also used the Route 808.

The V3 VSXO, I'm not too sure on. It looks like the left side is the Same circuit as the Jeckyl and Hyde V3, the right side is something else. I'm guessing it's based on their Custom Shop Overdrive, a rare limited run circuit that was hand built at their Nashville headquarters .

In the Visual Sound Garagetone series, along with the Drivetrain there is also the Chainsaw Distortion, which in spite of its name is actually quite usable for styles other than metal.

And if fuzz is of interest, keep an eye out for their Angry Fuzz. It wasn't a big seller so it was out if production after about 2 years. There aren't as many out there compared to other pedals by them. It's got a knob labelled as Anger that lets you dal in/out an upper octave overtone.
                Amazing Info man, thank you so much for taking the time to write this.

Comment

Truetone Pedals

The Truetone V3 pedals are solid, well made, and worth the coin. They have two advantages over the V2 versions. 1. They have inputs and outputs to allow you to change the order of the effects. 2. The V3's sound better.

Have both the H20 V2 and V3 peddles and use both of them. To my ears, the V3 is a significant improvement over the V2 in sound quality and versitility.

Have had a J&H V3 for awhile to give it a try. Found myself staying on the left side - low gain / low compression and pushing the left side. Got tired of that quickly. Since the store owner gave me a 30 day return window, I wanted to give the box a fair try.

Traded my J&H for the VS-XO. Seriously, the demo videos don't do this OD justice. The left side seems to be more open OD and only has a bass tone control. The right side is similar to the J&H's left side. The right side lives more comfortably in the lower OD world. It has different levels of compression and less to more bass. Can get some good tones with the compression up and using the mix control. Really like this one over the J&H. Both are versatile pedals. Have had it for a year or more now, but still mainly use my old Fulldrive FD2 [ practice makes perfect, its set up, and I know how it reacts. Also. the FD2 is a very different animal compared to the VS-XO. ]
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Condemned soul; 02-19-2018, 10:02 PM. Reason: missed a word ......
                  That is not dead which can eternal lie,
                  And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

You're welcome.

I've been using their stuff since 2008 and had a friend using the original Route 66 back in the late 90's and have done lots of research. I even got to know Bob Weil and a few of his employees over Facebook through their users group. They're great bunch.

It's also worth noting that the V2 series and V3 series have lifetime warranties but in my experience the need to use it is rare. I've owned over a dozen of their pedals over the years and only once had to use the warranty. Pedal was intermittent. They gave some instructions on a few things to check myself and a few months later when the issue reoccurred they just shipped me a new pedal. They really do stand behind their product.

There was a video they made back when the V2 series came out inspired by an actual customer experience. The customer's V1 series pedal somehow ended up on the ground and got run over by their van. It still worked, but the enclosure was crushed. He contacted them to get a new enclosure which promoted the redesign of the enclosure to the V2 version. They recreate this scenario with a V1 and V2 series pedal to demonstrate the durability of the V2 series.

The V1 and Garagetone series don't have that same warranty, but they're solid units in my experience and they do what they can to help out with problems in spite of the warranty being expired.

Comment

Here's the link to the video I mentioned above.

http://www.visualsound.net/index.php/store Many people have asked the question, why did we change from our original pedal design to the V2 series... so... w...

Comment

I had Garage tone oil can phaser. It certainly was solid and had best buffer I've seen in a pedal.

Very smooth and nice sounding effect too.
                        "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                        Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
                          I had Garage tone oil can phaser. It certainly was solid and had best buffer I've seen in a pedal.

Very smooth and nice sounding effect too.
                          That's one of my favourite pedals.

It's a shame people looked at the price and assumed the Garagetone series were poor quality. Bob says his mistake that he felt resulted in the line's failure was he priced them so low that he priced himself out of the market.

TrueTone has one of the best buffers out there.

Comment

Working...
                          X