Incoming Suhr Riot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incoming Suhr Riot

Found a Riot on Reverb for $155CAD + $15 shipping.

My Joyo US Dream is about to be retired.

Re: Incoming Suhr Riot

We need an A/B vid before it goes!!!!

Good deal...
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I'm not sure how audible the differences will be with my usual method of putting my ipad across the room, but I'll give it a shot.

Maybe I'll need to actually mic the cab for something like that. Which is something I have usually got time for lately.

I'll see how the iPad does and if it's what I expect, I'll see if I can find time to do the mic'd cab. I have a much needed vacation coming soon, so that may do it.

Comment

I know from YouTube vids I've seen it seems the Riot is more full sounding. The Joyo sounds good, but the Riot has more bottom or lower mids.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisDyingSoul76 View Post
          I know from YouTube vids I've seen it seems the Riot is more full sounding. The Joyo sounds good, but the Riot has more bottom or lower mids.
          Seems right. I had Frank the Anvil FX build me a Riot clone and it has a lot more low mid and/or low end grunt than the Joyo US Dream it replaced.

Comment

And the US Dream actually sounds great as is. Tight low end and nice, full, mid range. A great lead tone.

I can't wait for the Riot to get here.

Comment

ITS HERE!!!

Now to find time to AB with the US Dream.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0685.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	5805461

Comment

Got it on the board. Found running it at 9V was too compressed so tried 18V and it wasn't compressed enough. My One-Spot CS-7 has dipswitches to set 4 of the 9V outputs to 12V, so I gave it a try. Just right. Feels very natural to me that way.

Comparing it to the Joyo US Dream, it's fuller sounding. The Joyo sounds nice but more mid focus and less lows. It seems to be modelled after the left side of the Voice switch. I'll do a comparison vid when I get time.

I'm using the Riot as my hard rock rhythm sound. For lead tones, stacking it into a Klone with a slight volume boost and a touch of gain and increased treble resulted in a warm, fat lead tone with just the right amount of bite.

I've also had success stacking a Bluesbreaker clone into the Riot. Setting it for a level boost with just enough gain to hear a touch of dirt when the Riot is off it also gives a nice gain boost. The shift in mids has a bit more high mids compared to the Klone. It fattens like the Klone, but gives a brighter and sound. Both cut really well.

Name:	IMG_0689.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	5805484

Comment

4 flavors of loud, some chorus and delay, a little verb and tremolo....

sweet
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                    4 flavors of loud, some chorus and delay, a little verb and tremolo....

sweet
                    Actually, 5 flavours of loud (the amp's channel switching and internal boost are wired into the switcher), some squish, chorus, delay, flanger and tremolo. I use the amp's spring Reverb - see the part about amp's switching wired to the Joyo switcher.

And after this, I settled on this configuration - the Bluesbreaker wasn't working with the Riot.

Name:	IMG_1108.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	5805526

Comment

Working...
                    X