My new Pedalboard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My new Pedalboard!

The more pedals you get and setup configure, try out and sell replace repeat I can really respect a board like this. Simple easy clean and probably fun as hell.

I wish I could dumb down my board small like that.

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
      The more pedals you get and setup configure, try out and sell replace repeat I can really respect a board like this. Simple easy clean and probably fun as hell.

I wish I could dumb down my board small like that.
      Thanks. I do have a larger board that I rarely use.

My brother Bruce owns Mission Amps and builds killer amps for blues guys and harmonica players all over the world.

He designed a new one called the Soulkicker 2020 and asked me to test it. It’s a single channel all tube amp with spring Reverb and a wonderful 6V6 sound that’s hard to describe. One Weber 12” Alnico speaker.

Sounds to me like some British amp I’ve never tried or heard of.

It doesnt sound like a Deluxe Reverb or Princeton Reverb. Sounds more like an AC30 but warmer and not so loud.

I put this little board together just to try it with my favorite overdrive pedals and it’s really great.

Including the amps own sound, I get four different and distinct sonic personalities out of it.

I do wish I had room for my Hall of Fame Reverb pedal.

Bruce’s new amp has Reverb...but most of my old Fender and Gibson amps do not.
      Last edited by Lewguitar; 02-23-2018, 07:52 AM.
      “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

It's nice to see a smaller board for a change. I don't like using more than 4 or 5 at a time.

Comment

Killer setup! I need to get a small, in line board like that.

Lew, do you run the 808 into the KTR ever? I really like my Green Rhino going into my Soul Food. If I run both of those into the Radial Plexitube on the Yellow channel with the drive all the way down, it's like magic. I've also recently taken to putting a Danelectro Fab Distortion with the drive off, tone fairly dark, and volume boosted in front of the Radial. That with either of the first two just sings.

I think I'm starting to have a bit of a problem.
          Last edited by JB_From_Hell; 03-02-2018, 06:58 AM.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
            Killer setup! I need to get a small, in line board like that.

Lew, do you run the 808 into the KTR ever? I really like my Green Rhino going into my Soul Food. If I run both of those into the Radial Plexitube on the Yellow channel with the drive all the way down, it's like magic. I've also recently taken to putting a Danelectro Fab Distortion with the drive off, tone fairly dark, and volume boosted in front of the Radial. That with either of the first two just sings.

I think I'm starting to have a bit of a problem.
            I took the 808 off and added the Hall of Fame Reverb.

So I have the Simble into the Klon into the Providence Delay into the Hall of Fame Reverb.

I get three killer soloing sounds: Simble, Klon, and Simble overdriving the Klon, which is really something to behold.

And when everything’s off I have my clean tones.

Been playing mostly through the pair of Gibson GA20’s.

The Hall of Fame has stereo out so I can plug into two amps.
            Last edited by Lewguitar; 03-02-2018, 07:48 AM.
            “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

nice. thats part of the reason i have a deja vu delay on my board, i can run two amps if i so choose. barely ever do it but its a nice option. i have two overdrives and a compressor i use as a clean boost with just a touch of squish. tons of options but i could totally get away with the two overdrives, like ya said... three dirty sounds. that covers a lot of ground

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
                I took the 808 off and added the Hall of Fame Reverb.

So I have the Simble into the Klon into the Providence Delay into the Hall of Fame Reverb.

I get three killer soloing sounds: Simble, Klon, and Simble overdriving the Klon, which is really something to behold.

And when everything’s off I have my clean tones.

Been playing mostly through the pair of Gibson GA20’s.

The Hall of Fame has stereo out so I can plug into two amps.
                Sounds great setup!
                "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Working...
                X