Anyone Here Modify Their Own Effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Here Modify Their Own Effects?

Been doing this for about a year, if you are at all handy with a soldering iron, and can read a schematic, you can breathe new life into an old effect for very little money. Sofar, I've modded an MXR Distortion III, turned it into a very dynamic overdrive pedal, an EHX East River Drive (swapped an LED for a regular diode, sounds amazing!), a BOSS SD-1, MXR Distortion +, etc.... Anyone have any experience with modding their own pedals?

Re: Anyone Here Modify Their Own Effects?

I used to build them - https://reverb.com/item/1257427-fat-...l-serial-no-49

I have a pretty heavily modified SD-1 that I used to use some, along with some ods and fuzzes I have built but mostly just using multi fx for the little playing I do now.

Comment

No - but I have destroyed a few and made them unrepairable.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I replaced a few opamps in a Boss GE-7 to lower the noise floor. Originally, Even with it set flat you heard added noise when it was engaged. Not totally silent now but better than before. Don't ask what chips, I don't remember. I found a YouTube video about the mod and decided to try it.

Comment

I also had several mods on a Marshall GV-2+. Killed it and brought it back to life several times.

Last mod, I made a mistake and just haven't had time to go fix it. Went from removing a wet blanket off the sound to really beefy and open sounding to thin and ****ty when I tried to tighten up the bass response. Accidentally used the wrong value capacitor.

Comment

Working...
          X