? for forum pedal techs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? for forum pedal techs

I had to make a work-related trip to Terre Haute today, and since I was on the east side anyways I decided to hit The Music Shoppe on 25th.

Didn't plan on buying anything,,,,,we never do haha.

Boss hm2 in very nice shape (Taiwan), works like new with the battery, but when I got home and plugged into my boss psa it was fizzly in a bad way and the indicator light was way too dim and when you hit a note it actually kind-of flickers dim to off to dim to off ect,,,,,

I'm fine with it because like I said, it's looks and sounds like new with a battery, and I can live with that, but is it some easy fix to bring the wall-input back?

Super thanks for any techy help. I'm basically ignorant on electronics internals.
    Oh yeah, it was $50 after negotiations btw! I'm happy.

edit; and yes, the boss psa is functioning just fine, I use it all the time.
    Last edited by dave74; 02-21-2018, 07:36 PM.

Re: ? for forum pedal techs

Is it ACA? That’s how my DM-3 acts on PSA.

EDIT - looks like the HM-2 is ACA.
    Last edited by PFDarkside; 02-21-2018, 08:36 PM.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
      Is it ACA? That’s how my DM-3 acts on PSA.

EDIT - looks like the HM-2 is ACA.
      Oh thanks a million! What a dummy I am. Didn't even think about it being anything other than what all my other Boss pedals use.
      Says it right on the back, what a dummy I am!

With a brand new shop now open in the Sydney suburb of Gladesville, our purpose is to supply musicians and music lovers worldwide a broad range of rare, vintage, unusual and oddball gear that you wouldn't find anywhere else.

I already have a Godlyke power-all, but I am reading one guy say the old ACA pedals don't sound as good on a 9v daisy-chain,,,,,,,I'll see for myself.
      Looks like an easy mod to make it PSA capable though.

I was going to use the power-all for my new gator-pro board into my mesas, while this hm2 will be used with my little Peavey Envoy that is sitting on and running through my Avatar k100 212 cab.
      With the old 40w Envoy silverstripe the 10" blue marvel does NOT run when going through an external cab,,,which is a good thing IMO.

Already tried the infamous Swedish Buzzsaw setting with all knobs max on the hm2,,,,,,,sounds like garbled crap IMO.
      Level and highs a bit lower and the lows and gain at max sounds amazing though with my Dimebucker loaded guitar, thick and nasty but not garbled.
      Last edited by dave74; 02-22-2018, 03:59 AM.

Comment

It's usually just a diode and resistor on the boards of the PSA pedals that get replaced with jumpers to enable using them with a 9V adapter or brick.

Comment

Here we go.

Comment

Working...
          X