Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How many ma do pedals use?

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon View Post
    MV? Millivolts? Do you mean mA for milliamps?
    LOL my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
      I suggest getting a 1 Spot CS12 then you don't have to worry as much about MV. Of course you need to worry about MV as you can't go past the max output. I always suggest staying around 80% or less. Whats nice about the CS12 is that it share MV across the outputs meaning they are rated for certain levels but have the ability to put out so much more.
      I would call any pedal company who doesn't list the MV on there spec sheets, you need that info my man to purchase the correct power supply. Isolated power supplies like the CS12 are the way to go always. Cleaner quieter etc.
      I have CS7. Even without extra output, it's has two outputs specced for 500 ma. 18V out and four 9/12V switchable outs with 200ma. That for 133 € (~170$). It's brilliant.
      "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
      Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

When I upgraded from a 1 Spot to a CS6, I decided to get one of the TrueTone MA Meters for the heck of it. $20. Turns out, most pedals use a lot less power than you would expect. Fuzzes use 5ma or less. The biggest power hog on my smaller board is the EHX Canyon, which draws about 134ma.

Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Mine go up to 11 pedals

Comment

What was the ridiculous Earthquakes one that needed 550ma? Avalanche Run? You have to current double two high current outputs!
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
            X