Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NPD: Seymour Duncan 805!

Nice score dude.
    I'm curious how the EQ section affects the pedal, it's still a tube screamer in the end and those generally don't sound good with Marshalls IMO. That's why my vote goes to do a compare video on how the pedal works out with a Marshall and a Mesa. (though I'm not sure if the Mark series are also scooped sounding by nature?)

Comment

Originally posted by Nightburst View Post
      That's why my vote goes to do a compare video on how the pedal works out with a Marshall and a Mesa. (though I'm not sure if the Mark series are also scooped sounding by nature?)
      Mark series Mesas aren't scooped by nature. Their rotary tone controls are pre-gain, and it's actually very difficult to dial in a scooped (overdriven) sound without using the graphic EQ. I don't know how scooped the clean channel is because I can't recall trying to dial in a scooped clean tone. (no longer have the amp)
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

The 805 has more gain range than any TS pedal I've ever used. The flavor is there, but you can radically change it with the active EQ.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'll work on a ton of content for you guys!
          Guitars: Kiesel Bolt Classic, Strandberg Boden Standard 7, Jackson DXMG (Japan) & Charvel Model 5.

Amps: Marshall 1959slp & Peavey 5150 (Block Letter)

Comment

Working...
          X