Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truetone power supply adapters

Hello.

I've been using truetone CS7 for a while now to power up my effects. I have one pedal that requires reverse polarity. The "Line6" adapter cord labeled as CL6 that came with the Power Supply fitted the jack and had reverse polarity. So I've been using that.

Now recently bought new pedal that also needs reverse polarity: CL6 works fine with it too.

However, when I looked to buy another, cord sold as reverse polarity is CYR and CL6 is different product. No Truetone comparison chart or manual describes them interchangeable, though by all accounts they should be?

What's the deal? Is there any difference? CYR is marketed for Yamaha keyboards, drum machines and "certain other reverse polarity devices" and CL6 for Line6 and Digitech products.
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Re: Truetone power supply adapters

Didn't your CS7 come with a short cable with a Red (right angle, male) connector on one end and a black female connector on the other? If it did, that's the reverse polarity adapter. You just plug the red end into the pedal and plug a regular pedal cable into the female end. The adapter will reverse the polarity.\

Edit. That adapter cable is the Truetone CYR.
    Last edited by Darg1911; 03-06-2018, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
      Didn't your CS7 come with a short cable with a Red (right angle, male) connector on one end and a black female connector on the other? If it did, that's the reverse polarity adapter. You just plug the red end into the pedal and plug a regular pedal cable into the female end. The adapter will reverse the polarity.\

Edit. That adapter cable is the Truetone CYR.
      I don't recall seeing that, but manual does say the reverse polarity adapter (CYR) is the one with red connector.

It did came with Truetone CL6 that has green connector. I tested it with multimeter number of times, and by all accounts it's identical. I've been using that.
      "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"

Comment

Is one 2.1mm and the other 2.5mm?

Tough to find any specs on these adapters.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
          Is one 2.1mm and the other 2.5mm?

Tough to find any specs on these adapters.
          I found the red connector one: Yes they are.

CL6 is 2.5mm and CYR is 2.1mm (assuming the 2.1mm is the 9v standard, I didn't have tool to measure them).

EHX reverse polarity pedals use that CL6.

Comment

I have 2.1mm right angle and straight connectors. If I need a reverse polarity cable that I don't have, I just make one. But I've been using that Truetone CYR for a Fulltone pedal that's center positive.

Comment

Working...
            X