3x New Pedal day + New Pedalboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3x New Pedal day + New Pedalboard

So I've been on a rampage for buying new pedals recently. I think I'm finished now. This is now just perfect for me!

Deluxe Electric Mistress V5 reissue

I mentioned earlier I was on/off about getting Flanger. This popped up on Classifieds with nice price and I couldn't let it pass.

First of all. This is my first big box EHX, and damn they really are big... Well, fits nicely nevertheless. Sounds very much like I think flanger should. Metallic and clangy, yet spanky as well. It's really great sounding but has weird "feature":

When I first tried it it was really noisy. I tried different setups and noise seemed only get worse. But it seems to somehow "dial out" the noise as you play. Once I got it set up and played for while, noises went away. It's same if I change power source. First it's noisy, then it settles down after a while.

Dunlop Echoplex

Damn this great sounding delay. I wanted a "perfect" tape delay. I really didn't like the way my DD-5 sounded, so this time I wanted something I can trust to be good. This came up used, and I picked it.

It does everythong I'd like for delay. Just perfect. Age knob is a bit baffling though. I haven't yet figured out how it works. Light lits when I press the knob. If I press the knob and turn it, it starts to flash. But the knob itself only changes the volume of delay and nothing else... nevertheless. I've dialed to sound exactly like I want now.

Boss LS-S

The must have pedal if you have uneven pedal board. I use it to add blend function to Mistress and fix slight volume drop in it. 25% dry 75% wet brings in the perfect Flange tones I've been looking for.

As an accidental byproduct. It also now boosts my chorus, as it's in same loop. Well, for Chorus tones that boost is just great for how I use them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180310_112442.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	5847317

Here's that pedal board. As you see from materials used. It's prototype for home use, but layout it is finished. Now I have some woodwork to do... Or maybe I just weld it from plate, would be easier...
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Re: 3x New Pedal day + New Pedalboard

I can't wait to see the finished product!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
    X