Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss RV-6 , Simply amazing

Hey guys,
    I just gotta talk about the amazing Boss RV-6. I'm not even a big reverb kinda guy. I use it here and there but I usually like chorus and Delay on clean stuff.
    So I have been digging into the RV-6 and I just gotta say, this thing is simply amazing. I said that already but yeah dudes it's crazy how damn good this pedal is. It's not like I had a slouch before it, I had well still have the tc electronics Hall of fame full size pedal with tone print. That pedal is very nice warm and has a TON of features especially with the tone print technology . You simply open the app, download a new patch right from your guitars pickups and BAM totally new creation to play with, it's crazy what the Hall of fame can do. BUT man the RV-6 to me is just a better fit. I like the way it sounds and responds. Guys it's crazy the picking response it has. I know it's digital but it responds totally analog. It tracks your picking attack like no other. WOW what a killer pedal.
    So I was after the RV-500 as I figured lets just go for broke and murder it dead and fo full 500 series Boss pedals. Strymon's are pretty killer but I personally like the way the Boss 500 series sounds, controls and the screen I like way better. But the RV-6 is so damn good the only benefit I would get is I wouldn't have to reach down and move the selector to what kind of reverb I want. I can program the RV-500 to do that for me and control it VIA MIDI from the ES-8.

So this begs the question, does the RV-500 sound as good or dare I say better then the RV-6? If it sounds better I'm all IN if it sounds the same then I'm less inclined to go buy one. I'd rather spend the money on another Wampler OD or drive of some kind from them instead. The DD-500 might enter my board due to I wouldn't mind feeing up a Loop. I currently run a Boss DD-7 in loop 7 and a Boss Wazacraft DM-2W analog Delay in loop 6. I love both of those delays but the DD-500 can easily replace them by itself. I might just give up a slight tonal edge that the Wazacraft analog delay has. That is another fantastic pedal.

Boss RV-6 , Simply amazing

Glad you like it!

The RV500 is supposed to be the best boss verb. But at that price it’s got competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Re: Boss RV-6 , Simply amazing

What would compare? Stryon? What else ?

Comment

Eventide Space is in that same range.

RV-6 got my vote though. Picked up a used/mint unit for $114 shipped awhile back. Couldn't be happier.

Comment

Boss RV-6 , Simply amazing

I would add the Ventris and Empress to the Strymons and Space/H9.

And the cool new one from SD, of course [emoji4]

Last edited by Blille; 03-11-2018, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Just checked out the video and audio clips on the Boss website. The RV-6 is sick! Love the verbs.
            Going to go grab one tomorrow. Thanks for the post, mantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
              I would add the Ventris and Empress to the Strymons and Space/H9.

And the cool new one from SD, of course [emoji4]

SD Reverb? Is there such?
              "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
              Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
                SD Reverb? Is there such?

Comment

Shimmer is crazy cool. I never ever like these kinds of sounds especially for a guitar player. Yeah if you have a keyboard player in your band and he wants to track with you I can see it being very cool. But man the RV-6 just keeps on impressing. I messed around with Shimmer and started to form a new song. I love when gear inspires, it's when I know it's right.

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
                    I messed around with Shimmer and started to form a new song. I love when gear inspires, it's when I know it's right.
                    Dude, this is EXACTLY what happened to me. Went and grabbed one today,
                    like I said, and now have the makings of a new tune. The RV-6 is amazing
                    and yes, inspirational.

Comment

Nice. I wonder why it's not on the site? Discontinued?
                      "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
                        Nice. I wonder why it's not on the site? Discontinued?
                        NEW!

But good question. If it’s on the stores it should be on the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
                          NEW!

But good question. If it’s on the stores it should be on the site.

They really have brought it out under the radar... Not a mention about it on the site or forum. Not even in Facebook?

Looks great, especially that "touch dynamic" feature, though personally I prefer simpler effects.

Comment

its not out yet, sweetwater has preorder only but id guess they jumped the gun since duncan hasnt done a release yet. not surprised this was coming after they did the dynamic chorus

Comment

Working...
                            X