Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warm OD pedal

Hello all,
    I'm looking for a smooth Warm Crunchy OD. I currently run a Boss wazacraft Blues driver and stack it sometimes with a tc electronics Spark. I did the tone I get out of the Blues driver but I'd like to have something warmer more Crunchy then fizzy. I can dial in a really nice warm crunchy tone but I feel I can do better.
    What is on the market that has more of a mid range push and or better low end? Ive had the Mojo Mojo and Dark Matter from tc electronics and didn't really care for those pedals, I had a Tube steamer from Ibanez all the different models except the mini and didn't really care for how that sounded , they where nice but I found the Blues driver to better all those pedals. The Spark is awesome as it's warm clean beautiful and I think it's the best Boost pedal I've ever used plus it's gain structure is perfect but on it's own it's a bit light not to mention I like to use it as a boost most of the time. But it has that warmth I like and it's so well made. I wish it has a better gain structure meaning more gain then it would basically be perfect for what I'm looking for.
    I know there has to be something out there like it. I thought of picking up another Spark and just mazing out the gain , running it in Mid Push and seeing where that goes and make even using 2 of them together. That might work but if there is another pedal out there that could sound like that I'm all ears.
    I know Wampler is a good company to look at, any suggestions?

Re: Warm OD pedal

OCD!!! Warm sounding, natural feeling response, both HP & LP midrange voices. Tone stays thick when boosting.
    I use mine solely as a boost, but love it...and I own and have tried ALOT of OD pedals.
    For the record, I also love and use the BD-2, and never got along with TS type pedals myself...
    Last edited by Van Noord; 03-11-2018, 05:42 AM.
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Fulltone OCD or Plimsoul - great standalone pedals and stack really nicely with cleaner ODs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Van Noord View Post
        OCD!!! Warm sounding, natural feeling response, both HP & LP midrange voices. Tone stays thick when boosting.
        I use mine solely as a boost, but love it...and I own and have tried ALOT of OD pedals.
        For the record, I also love and use the BD-2, and never got along with TS type pedals myself...
        I find the BD-2W to be to loose for my tastes. It's great sounding don't get me wrong especially at low gain settings but when you turn up the gain it seems to get loose. A lot of guys love that loose sound, I prefer a tighter sound.
        The OCD it's funny you say that as I was just watching clips on it and that seems to be perfect.

Comment

The Mad Professor Simble.

Warm and crunchy although you can dial in super saturated tones if you want to.

Sounds like a Dumble amplifier.

The Simble and the Klon KTR are my two favorite OD pedals.
          “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Warm OD pedal

Based on my observation, I’ve noticed you seem to favor Boss [emoji4]

How about the JB-2? You have the BD-2 inside and a nice crunch box. Plus you can switch between them with your es8 into the remote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

JB-2 is on my short-list now! Love the stacked options.

Comment

A clean boost also works really well into an OCD

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
                  Based on my observation, I’ve noticed you seem to favor Boss [emoji4]

How about the JB-2? You have the BD-2 inside and a nice crunch box. Plus you can switch between them with your es8 into the remote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  LOL you noticed that. Yeah I grew up in the 70's and 80's learning guitar and Boss Pedals( as well as MXR) where what I used. I still favor them over most other companies and I venture out a lot.
                  But today was a very good day. I ventured out and found exactly what I was looking for. It's those times in life that things come together. The OCD is incredible and exactly what I was looking for in a warm natural sounding clean OD pedal. I really enjoy it's tonal ability. I played with it for a few hours now and man I really like it.
                  Another thing I learned about is the voltage. I have the CS-12 power supply which is awesome and has 18v DC out. So I used that on the OCD and man it sounds great. WOW guys I want to thank everyone who pointed me in that direction. It's exactly what I was after, I still can't believe it was that easy. It never is for me when I'm tone chasing.

Here is a shot I had to throw it on the board , it lives in Loop 4 which I saved for a OD type pedal. Now If I can pick up a DD-500 I could free up another loop for something else LOL.
                  So fun.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4908.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	5805783

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post
                    A clean boost also works really well into an OCD
                    Yes it does. I have the tc electronics Spark and it works very well with the OCD in front of it or behind it. With the ES-8 Switcher, I can move pedal order around at will , it's so damn good.

Comment

Looks like you got the new version, the 2.0, which will apparently be Mike Fuller's last version of the pedal. I have the V1.7 myself...

The Fulltone OCD, otherwise known as the Obsessive Compulsive Drive, is not only one of Mike Fuller’s best-selling overdrive/distortion units of all time, it has also been heralded and awarded accolades by the media since its introduction 12 years ago. Along the way, Mike has continued to make mild tweaks to the circuits and I […]

Comment

the 805 Overdrive has more gain range than most overdrives and allows you to have as much or as little bass as you want (and mid, and treble). Three-band active EQ is pretty awesome.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          the 805 Overdrive has more gain range than most overdrives and allows you to have as much or as little bass as you want (and mid, and treble). Three-band active EQ is pretty awesome.
                          For me, at least, there is more to an overdrive pedal then amount of gain, bass, treble and mids. I can't quantify what exactly...Feel? Warmth? Response? Interaction? If gain and eq levels are akin to someone's physical appearance, then the other things I mentioned are their personality...I guess.

Comment

OCD or Keeley Red Dirt OD, I like them both...

Comment

Looks like you got the new version, the 2.0, which will apparently be Mike Fuller's last version of the pedal. I have the V1.7 myself...

https://legendarytones.com/mike-full...oduces-ocd-v2/
                              On that link with the back covers off, I have the one on the right with the True Bypass Enhanced Bypass switch.

Comment

Working...
                              X