NPD - EHX Satisfaction Fuzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD - EHX Satisfaction Fuzz

Name says it all. Raspy, nasally, thin 60's style fuzz along the Maestro Fuzztone line.

Want 60's Fuzz besides the Fuzzface... this is one affordable pedal that nails the sound of one of the era's earliest and most iconic fuzz pedals.

Now I just need a fuzz face, tonebender, Octavia and fuzzrite (accurate and affordable clones) to round out my classic fuzz sounds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0711.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	5847346

Re: NPD - EHX Satisfaction Fuzz

I have the Octavia, and I really like the fuzz on that pedal, not a big fan of the octave function, but like the fuzz.....

Comment

It’s a unique fuzz tone, isn’t it? I ended up selling my clone, I wasn’t using it ever.

EHX Octavix is an Octavia style fuzz.

For Fuzz Face the Dunlop Hendrix and BC108 are great silicon fuzzes. Germanium is a very personal choice, you have quite a voyage to find the one you like. For Tonebenders, there are many variations from Mk1 -
      Mk4. The Fulltones are good too (69, 70, SoulBender).
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        It’s a unique fuzz tone, isn’t it? I ended up selling my clone, I wasn’t using it ever.

EHX Octavix is an Octavia style fuzz.

For Fuzz Face the Dunlop Hendrix and BC108 are great silicon fuzzes. Germanium is a very personal choice, you have quite a voyage to find the one you like. For Tonebenders, there are many variations from Mk1 -
        Mk4. The Fulltones are good too (69, 70, SoulBender).
        Yeah, so far I like the Satisfaction. It's apparently an original design rather than a Maestro clone; but nails that buzzy, 1000lb mosquito sound of the Maestro.

I find a lot of the 60's fuzzes sound harsh, but it's a sound that can work in the right circumstances. I'm thinking I may take a page from Hendrix and others and put them into a crunchy amp or low gain OD with the level above unity and low to moderate fuzz.

I also have a LovePedal Monkey Fist Fuzz on the way. That thing seems wild. Depending on guitar volume, pick attack, how the fuzz and level knobs are set and where you're playing on the neck; you get octave, suboctave and ring mod overtones. It sounds like it's going to be a fun time.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam1963 View Post
          I have the Octavia, and I really like the fuzz on that pedal, not a big fan of the octave function, but like the fuzz.....
          I have a Visual Sound Angry Fuzz that covers my Octavia sound quite well. It's supposed to be an original circuit but it's definitely an Octavia type sound. The octave part was originally an accident but they liked it, figured out what caused it and designed it with a potentiometer that allows you to dial in the amount you want. It also gives you some interesting lower octave overtones when playing chords, which is something the Octavia apparently doesn't do.

Comment

Correction, typo on my part, I have the EHX Octavix (not the Octavia), which has a cool fuzz sound, not really into the octave sound on that pedal. I apologize for any confusion I may have caused....

Comment

Working...
            X