NPD FINALLY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD FINALLY

My Lovepedal Monkey Fist Fuzz I bought during their big sale a few weeks back arrived. Still waiting on the Jubilee.

Apparently the Jubilee was a build to order pedal while they seem to have had some Monkey Fists in stock.

Once I get the house to myself tomorrow I'm going to be experimenting on some really rude fuzz.

Re: NPD FINALLY

Plugged my Epi Dot into it and played at low volume so as not to wake the wife.

With the fuzz at about 12 o'clock and level just above unity this thing is a contradiction of itself. It's thick slabs of artifact filled fuzz ranging from sub octaves to upper octaves and ring mod type sounds depending on where you play on the neck. Turning down thd guitar volume brings the artifacts to the forefront. And yet, to my ears it's also very articulate for a fuzz. You hear every note in your chords.

I think I may prefer this nasty little filth bomb over my Ram's Head and my Angry Fuzz.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0720.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	5805927

Comment

First video is with fuzz at about 10 o'clock. Second is with fuzz cranked.

Another warts and all quick and dirty iPad video. I still don't care if my production is not polished enough for your liking. Live with or don't watch. Lol

Comment

I've found some interesting things with the suboctaves.

Lower the guitar volume, use a lighter attack with the pick and pick over the neck pickup.

Comment

the sub octave thing is cool!

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            the sub octave thing is cool!
            I can totally picture a heavy riff written around that sound. In particular do something where the whole band drops out for a few bars while the guitar introduces a new riff to a song before the rest kick back in again.

Comment

Working...
            X