Fuzz pedal with sustain for centuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fuzz pedal with sustain for centuries

Perhaps check out the new La Super Rica Fuzz.

Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Rabelais View Post
      There are three current production Big Muff Pi pedals: standard (full size, little and nano, I suppose they sound the same), green Russian RI, and the Orange op amp RI. Any experience with the green and the Orange ones?.
      I’ve owned several vintage Muff Pi’s. My favorite was a Guild Foxy Lady, which was the same as the Rams Head. I really disliked the green Russian muff. Too clean and lacked the silky smooth sustain. I had the op amp Muff too. That’s good for a different tone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You might also try out an MXR Blue Box. It's a two-octave-down box, but if you set turn the low sound off, it puts out a super sustainy almost-square-wave tone. Very Frippertronic sounding. Pretty much sustain on single notes, as I remember. Not at all sure it would do well on chords, though. I wasn't using mine anymore so I gave it to Larry Hoppen years ago.
        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
          You might also try out an MXR Blue Box. It's a two-octave-down box, but if you set turn the low sound off, it puts out a super sustainy almost-square-wave tone. Very Frippertronic sounding. Pretty much sustain on single notes, as I remember. Not at all sure it would do well on chords, though. I wasn't using mine anymore so I gave it to Larry Hoppen years ago.
          I just saw a demo video of it. Very interesting pedal, very simple to use, reasonably priced too. Fuzz mayhem with both knobs fully turned clockwise, subterranean octave with the blend knob turned fully counter clockwise, and plenty of options in between

Comment

The Slash Octave Fuzz is similar to that, right? Based on it or something?

Comment

Working...
            X