banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to start assembling a new Pedalboard... (also NPD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to start assembling a new Pedalboard... (also NPD)

It’s time to start assembling a small(er) board since I tore apart my Pedaltrain Mini when I was building my big board.

First step, assemble the candidates. These are my A-Team of pedals, let’s start whittling away. I have an idea where I’ll end up, but let’s give them all a shot.

Also, I’ve been interested in a Mobius for like four years, I finally pulled the trigger on an extremely underpriced one. It really is a great pedal, I think it can replace my Modulation pedals for doing the band thing.

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Re: Time to start assembling a new Pedalboard... (also NPD)

Wow, some serious horsepower there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
      It’s time to start assembling a small(er) board since I tore apart my Pedaltrain Mini when I was building my big board.

First step, assemble the candidates. These are my A-Team of pedals, let’s start whittling away. I have an idea where I’ll end up, but let’s give them all a shot.

Also, I’ve been interested in a Mobius for like four years, I finally pulled the trigger on an extremely underpriced one. It really is a great pedal, I think it can replace my Modulation pedals for doing the band thing.

Do you preset or are you an in-the-moment tap-dancer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Some great pedals there. I would love a few hours with that top row.

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
          Do you preset or are you an in-the-moment tap-dancer?

The Pedaltrain Mini was tap dancing, but I’m thinking MIDI enabled switcher for this one.

I’m thinking 4 drives/Fuzzes and the two big Strymons. Previously it was the Pinnacle, FD2 and a Fuzz, I want to try them all together to see what stacks best. Also, I had extra pedals before and after the Mini, I want a little bigger board so it all fits. I keep playing with Pedalboard Planner and Pedal Playground, I’d love if I could get it all on a Metro 24!
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Beautiful collection. Please make sure we get to hear it!
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

The Pedaltrain Mini was tap dancing, but I’m thinking MIDI enabled switcher for this one.

I’m thinking 4 drives/Fuzzes and the two big Strymons. Previously it was the Pinnacle, FD2 and a Fuzz, I want to try them all together to see what stacks best. Also, I had extra pedals before and after the Mini, I want a little bigger board so it all fits. I keep playing with Pedalboard Planner and Pedal Playground, I’d love if I could get it all on a Metro 24!
              Yup, my reason for asking was about the midi capabilities and presets of the Strymon’s.

I think the D&M Drive is definitely high on the list because you can split it with a switcher AND switch the order via your looper.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
                Wow, some serious horsepower there.
                Originally posted by Swampy View Post
                Some great pedals there. I would love a few hours with that top row.
                Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                Beautiful collection. Please make sure we get to hear it!
                Thanks guys, I am very fortunate. A lot of selling and trading to get here.

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
                Yup, my reason for asking was about the midi capabilities and presets of the Strymon’s.

I think the D&M Drive is definitely high on the list because you can split it with a switcher AND switch the order via your looper.
                I’m torn, I absolutely love the Boost side of the D&M, but I’m liking the Pinnacle better than the Drive side. I also like the Pinnacle better than the SL. Also, I don’t really need the switching with MIDI, most songs are two simultaneous changes at once, but it’s an awesome luxury. I think I do want a switcher though, I could tell I was losing signal with my previous board. Something like an ES-5 can be found used at pretty reasonable prices.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thanks guys, I am very fortunate. A lot of selling and trading to get here.

I’m torn, I absolutely love the Boost side of the D&M, but I’m liking the Pinnacle better than the Drive side. I also like the Pinnacle better than the SL. Also, I don’t really need the switching with MIDI, most songs are two simultaneous changes at once, but it’s an awesome luxury. I think I do want a switcher though, I could tell I was losing signal with my previous board. Something like an ES-5 can be found used at pretty reasonable prices.
                  For switching, I use a Build Your Own Clone Super8. It’s compact and well featured for its price point. Can’t complain about tone/circuit, it does just what’s described. Worth a look. I have built several BYOC pedals, but decided to buy the Super8 premade, just for confidence’s sake. Might be worth a look.

Comment

Wow! That would be a blast to play with. I could probably get by with just a few of them, but those are all too nice not to use.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                    X