Just Bought A Used Tubeworks Real Tube Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Bought A Used Tubeworks Real Tube Pedal

Went online @ Guitar Center used equipment and saw a Tubeworks Real Tube pedal for sale for $79.99 and decided to buy it. The pedal looks brand new (barely used, well taken care of) When I got it, I did what I usually do and swapped the 12AX7 for an NOS 5814A (mil spec 12AU7) BK Butler made/makes excellent vacuum tube pedals.

Re: Just Bought A Used Tubeworks Real Tube Pedal

How does it sound?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

[QUOTE=Blille;4211347]How does it sound?

The Real Tube pedal sounds excellent, probably one of the best of the vacuum tube pedals, aside of the Tube Driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffblue View Post
        The Real Tube pedal sounds excellent, probably one of the best of the vacuum tube pedals, aside of the Tube Driver.
        Awesome, congrats then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have a BlueTube I bought new. Great sounding pedal, but always has a bit of a hum.

I also swapped in a 12AU7, especially for bass. Right now it has a 12AX7 for more drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got one on my board, had it almost 25 years. It was my go-to pedal with the vintage Fenders and Marshalls I used back then, but hasn't seen much use since I started using Mesa amps. Still use it for some things. I also use a 12AU7.

Good pedal, good price. Congrats!

Bill
            When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Working...
            X