Where To Buy Parts For Pedals ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where To Buy Parts For Pedals ?

I have a cheap analog delay pedal that sounds great,but I accidentally pulled up on the Blend pot and its messed up now,really loose and squels.I did try some de-oxit for the heck of it and it didn't save it.the pot has this printed on it..B503,it is a small square pot that when reading it with my digital multi meter it reads 53.3K,so I figure a 50K pot will work..this has a 10mm shaft with the cutout so the knobs set screw will tighten up on the flat portion..also this pedal has the 3 small lugs on one side that go down into the PCB and solder on the backside,it also has 1 small lug on the 2 sides that go down into the PCB,and on the top of the pot it looks like a short wide lug that doesn't go into the PCB,looks like it keeps the pot straight,or from rocking..I did speak to Mouser and Amplified parts and both said they don't have these specific pots..any info greatly appreciated..I will load a few more pics of the actual PCB that has these same pots in it soon.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by moshpit817; 04-30-2018, 08:08 PM.

Re: Where To Buy Parts For Pedals ?

Type b503 pot into google - it showed me 3 links straight away, one of which Amazon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

9mm Right Angle PCB mount. 50K Linear taper.

I get those pots from Small Bear. But they don't have the D shaft versions so you'd have to swap knobs.

http://www.smallbear-electronics.myb...ngle-pc-mount/

From China ... https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-9mm-Alp...cAAMXQMmJRKihq
      Last edited by Darg1911; 05-01-2018, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
        Type b503 pot into google - it showed me 3 links straight away, one of which Amazon.

Yeah I have done that before coming here,and lots of links,but only a few items found close to mine,and everytime its one little spec off..found them with 30mm shafts,which it might come down to buying those and cutting shaft length down.Thanks for the info.
        Last edited by moshpit817; 05-01-2018, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
          9mm Right Angle PCB mount. 50K Linear taper.

I get those pots from Small Bear. But they don't have the D shaft versions so you'd have to swap knobs.

http://www.smallbear-electronics.myb...ngle-pc-mount/

From China ... https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-9mm-Alp...cAAMXQMmJRKihq
          Swapping knobs no big deal,,I have even thought of buying what I have mostly seen with pots that have a 30mm length,and just cut them down..I will look at smallbear right now for sure..this is a cheap possibly closely matched to a Joyo Delay pedal, but it sounds great and payed $22 new,so repair job on the way..Very Nice to have the proper name for these pots,I had seen some Alpha pots at Mouser but wasn't sure of which taper,nice to have real names of parts,big help 1 I looked real quick at Ebay,and those are exactly what I have been looking for,going to smallbear now..thanks for the info !
          Last edited by moshpit817; 05-01-2018, 08:34 AM.

Comment

You don't want the ebay pots that I linked. Those are dual gang. I didn't notice it when I posted the link. Sorry.

But small bear has it covered if you are willing to change knobs.

Comment

For pedal components, I use Digikey, Newark, or Mouser...

Comment

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
                You don't want the ebay pots that I linked. Those are dual gang. I didn't notice it when I posted the link. Sorry.

But small bear has it covered if you are willing to change knobs.
                You are correct,I did not know what double gang meant in your description,so I Googled double gang pots and saw the same 2 row of 3 lugs/legs that the Ebay pots had,so I Googled single gang pots and bingo,thats the ones.now I did email smallbear about 10am CDT today and haven't gotten a reply back yet,but I kept searching and 30 minutes ago found the pot I need,I couldn't find pictures on smallbear or even several other websites that showed both sides of the pot where the single lug/legs are so I kept looking and mammothelectronics.com has the exact pot I need,with a good picture of both sides,perfect so I ordered from them+ they are in Norman,Oklahoma,about probably 3 hours from me across State lines,and went with the 3 day shipping so should be set up..I saw they also have their own build your own pedal kits that look really good,so we'll see how it works out by Friday..I appreciate all the help from everybody here,I knew the answer would be on this pedal part of the SD Forum,and I.m truly grateful !

Comment

Originally posted by moshpit817 View Post
                  You are correct,I did not know what double gang meant in your description,so I Googled double gang pots and saw the same 2 row of 3 lugs/legs that the Ebay pots had,so I Googled single gang pots and bingo,thats the ones.now I did email smallbear about 10am CDT today and haven't gotten a reply back yet,but I kept searching and 30 minutes ago found the pot I need,I couldn't find pictures on smallbear or even several other websites that showed both sides of the pot where the single lug/legs are so I kept looking and mammothelectronics.com has the exact pot I need,with a good picture of both sides,perfect so I ordered from them+ they are in Norman,Oklahoma,about probably 3 hours from me across State lines,and went with the 3 day shipping so should be set up..I saw they also have their own build your own pedal kits that look really good,so we'll see how it works out by Friday..I appreciate all the help from everybody here,I knew the answer would be on this pedal part of the SD Forum,and I.m truly grateful !
                  Good to hear! best of luck with the mods.

Comment

smallbear or tubesandmore
                    - The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it.

Comment

Originally posted by moshpit817 View Post
                      Those 9mm Alphas carried by both Mammoth and Small Bear are the same pots. Regardless, glad that you got it figured out.

Comment

Working...
                      X