sold stuff and Finally started a pedalboard for the first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sold stuff and Finally started a pedalboard for the first time

So I've never been a pedal guy but I traded an epiphoneguitar and bass+amp I wasn't playing for the funds to start a decent small board that would accomplish a few things

I need a tuner, an overdrive, a boost/2nd OD for the front of the amp for various flavours of drive

and my amp's reverb (which has a long dark decay) is before the FX loop where I would want delay, and tremolo doesn't come on the Supersonic 22 but it needs it.

also the amp is quite loud for my house and so I have an EQ in the loop but wanted to nix that so I got something that's not a pedal for the end, got the Emi Reignmaker FDM speaker that lets you take of 9db of sensitivity.

So I have purchased some things and I already had the tuner and blues driver but everything else is new, it's gonna be

Guitar > Planet waves strobo-stomp tuner >BD-2 blues driver >EHX East River >supersonic 22 preamp >Red Witch Eve Tremolo > Earthquaker Dispatch Master v2 >power amp > Eminence Reignmaker FDM speaker

Got a cheap 18x6 aluminum board to put it on. with a bag, some cables,
    will hide a power strip under that and daisy chain the tuner, BD-2, and East River
    the Red Witch has an internal battery that supposedly is good for 120 hrs
    and a seperate 9v adapter for the dispatch master

Also got some old stock USA Tung-sol 6v6 and a GE 12at7 for my amp.
    Also got new running shoes so it's been a spendy week but I'm happy to free up space in my house and clear out gear I wasn't loving

Demos of the Eve and dispatch master looked so good, I think this should really flesh out what my strat and amp can produce

Re: sold stuff and Finally started a pedalboard for the first time

I'd be interested as to how that Reignmaker sounds.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Demos of it made it sound sort of like a g12h30 V30 cross, maybe little more v30. I hear chime in there and some bark.
      I hope it lives up to expectations.

I used to have a weber greenback-type in a DRRI, and texas heat at a different time, and the Supersonic 22 did have that 2tone tolex v30-equipped version that sounds nice in demos so I really think it should get me in the good tone ballpark at least

should get here next week.

Comment

Try the trem after the Dispatch Master (a great pedal, btw) - lots of folks, myself included, prefer to trem the whole signal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
          Try the trem after the Dispatch Master (a great pedal, btw) - lots of folks, myself included, prefer to trem the whole signal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          I totally will think you!

Comment

Looks like a plan! Let us know how it turns out!
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

The eternal struggle for space starts now! Sounds good though, I recently re-set up my pedalboard after I got tired of looking at the wiry mess! Let us know how it turns out mate.
              Chapman Guitars, Seymour Duncan, Dunlop.

http://www.stormborn.co.uk/

Comment

I'm having trouble..."seeing" it. Perhaps, and maybe this is just me, a pic would help???
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

it's all in shipping I'll get pics when everythings put together

Comment

I got most of it except the tubes speaker and tremolo
                    And so far I really hate it. Just kidding.
                    Really really like the dispatch master and same with the tube screamer I mean East River. Adds much needed throatiness to my amp whether clean or drive channel. I'm using a low output 50s style strat into a fender deluxe reverb style amp and the TS I mean ERD is the right amount of mid boost.
                    It's working great with the blues driver. I like to set the green one to more dirt and the blue one to more boost, or the other way around works well too.

I have found with my dispatch master in the loop nothing is clipping and all is quiet so that's good.

I dialed the reverb to sort of a bright big hall and then just add delay to taste.
                    The repeats can go on almost forever and stay clean for an awfully long time. Instant ambience or just slap and a little more room sound, either way I like to leave my amp reverb on so my delay is actually sandwiched between spring and digital. Can get washy with drive but a little of both is cool. Very spacious, not super springy but a little in there.

Still waiting on that trem pedal and Eminence whatsit but really happy so far. Pics soon
                    Last edited by FuseG4; 05-09-2018, 03:37 PM.

Comment

attachments not working?
                      Last edited by FuseG4; 05-10-2018, 02:51 AM.

Comment

i see no pics

Comment

I'll have to take/upload them again I don't even see them in my attachments bin

But yeah also wow after so long of being a guitar to amp straight in guy, I'm experiencing some of the tone suck of adding another 20 or 30 ft of so-so quality cable but in a way I'm surprised more people don't go for long cable runs to take the edge off really bright, dynamic pickups like low output strat.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	32215488_1901683879841661_8862152724481835008_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	5806514
                            Last edited by FuseG4; 05-10-2018, 10:06 PM.

Comment

i like a little high end roll off myself. how is the east river drive?

Comment

Working...
                              X