Rocktron Hush X2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocktron Hush X2

Bought Hush a while ago from classifieds to tame up a variable noises caused by my pedals. Wasn't expensive, X2 basically gives you two of them for a price of one, and brand seems good so I thought why not.

It seems really difficult finding any info from inernet about these?

To cut out noise it works way better than I expected. Click it on and it's gone. Everything sound cleaner and nicer, and no problem with note trail-off or sustain whatsoever.

However it should I think have way more flexibility for home use. I haven't yet been able to try it out with volume, but at home playing levels setting threshold know full off still seems to be too much: It cuts noise completely, and adds annoyingly spongy feel to playing.

Do you think it has any internal pots to adjust the level of threshold pot? Or is my only option to switch the pot to get more range?
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Re: Rocktron Hush X2

So you like it at the band practice but not home ?
    Active Duty Rig:
    MIA Lone Star Strat (HS-Fullshred/Tex-Special neck)
    Warmoth Roads V/Kramer Neck (HS - Custom/Tex-Special neck)

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Mavashi View Post
      So you like it at the band practice but not home ?
      I haven't actually gotten to play it really loud yet, but it does seem to work better with more volume.

The problem is that simply doesn't have enough range at the "off-side" of threshold control.
      "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"

Comment

I'm not actually sure yet if I like it...

I managed to offset most of the effect it causes with amp controls, so it quite good now. And the lack of noise is certainly nice.

Comment

I have it, but it does not work the same as the good old Hush in the loop does with only chorus in the front of an amp. I will be doing a few gigs in the fall so i will add boosts, flange, and some other stuff maybe, so i will try to dial it in ...
          Active Duty Rig:

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

I have it, but it does not work the same as the good old Hush in the loop does with only chorus in the front of an amp. I will be doing a few gigs in the fall so i will add boosts, flange, and some other stuff maybe, so i will try to dial it in ...
            How does the classic hush works in the loop differently?

Comment

So, the ISP Decimator I bought to replace this turned out to be huge disappointment. It doesn't work at all like Hush. It's more transparent, but when you get on the threshold you need for it to be useful, it chokes the sustain. And unlike Hush, it does nothing for the noise when you're playing.

So I opened up the Hush pedal look if I could do anything to fix the threshold issue. And found this:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20180608_205420.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	5808537

There's a trimpot for both of the units inside, that adjusts the tone and feel of the pedal. I tweaked it while playing and it's now perfect!

Now my rig is dead silent, it kills the noise while playing as well. And without any negative effect on tone.

My honest review about this is now that this is just awesome piece of gear! Absolutely worth the price they ask for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
                So, the ISP Decimator I bought to replace this turned out to be huge disappointment. It doesn't work at all like Hush. It's more transparent, but when you get on the threshold you need for it to be useful, it chokes the sustain. And unlike Hush, it does nothing for the noise when you're playing.

So I opened up the Hush pedal look if I could do anything to fix the threshold issue. And found this:
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]90385[/ATTACH]

There's a trimpot for both of the units inside, that adjusts the tone and feel of the pedal. I tweaked it while playing and it's now perfect!

Now my rig is dead silent, it kills the noise while playing as well. And without any negative effect on tone.

My honest review about this is now that this is just awesome piece of gear! Absolutely worth the price they ask for it.
                Oh wow ... you mean the blue box with white round thingy? you can adjust the just like you do Bad Hoarsie's whah?
                Active Duty Rig:

BadHoarsie Original ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

Oh wow ... you mean the blue box with white round thingy? you can adjust the just like you do Bad Hoarsie's whah?
                  Don't know about bad horsie, but yes. The blue box is pot adjustable by small screwdriver that adjusts the way gate affects your tone.

Comment

Working...
                  X