Blackmore's delay on Battle Rages on tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackmore's delay on Battle Rages on tour

Yes ..... I know its not gonna make me sound as The Man. But, I just love how subtle and transparent it is, I suppose it is some sort of rack unit, not his old AIWA deck ...

Rumors say its Yamaha D-1500

Music video by Deep Purple performing Anya. (C) 1994 RCA Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainmenthttp://vevo.ly/oMq6ra
    Last edited by Dr.Mavashi; 05-09-2018, 01:29 AM.
    Active Duty Rig:
    MIA Lone Star Strat (HS-Fullshred/Tex-Special neck)
    Warmoth Roads V/Kramer Neck (HS - Custom/Tex-Special neck)

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Re: Blackmore's delay on Battle Rages on tour

I don't know what he used, but it is a great sound. These days he does bring the tape deck onstage, but I am not sure it is hooked up to anything.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

As I am digging the interwebs on this ... I stumbled upon Ibanez AD202. I have to say, I am intrigued. Unfortunately, I have not found clips where its applied to gained out brit style tube amp yet, but I am intrigued ....Thoughts ?
      Active Duty Rig:

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

Bumparu on Ibanez AD202
        Active Duty Rig:

BadHoarsie Original ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

Dunno, I use a Vapor Trail for those sounds. But Blackmore's current sound isn't quite as good as it used to be. Maybe it is he ENGL amps, or higher output pickups, or more compression...I am not sure. It sounds like all of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            I don't know what he used, but it is a great sound. These days he does bring the tape deck onstage, but I am not sure it is hooked up to anything.
            It would be just like him to bring it on to befuddle people, wouldn't it? I'm positive he is not using it for echo these days, at least, but I think I heard that he also used it as a pre-amp, and it might still work in that function, if he really wants it.

Comment

When designing his signature amp, I would think the first thing he asked for was putting the preamp from the tape deck inside of the amp. I think it just gets put out for 'comfort'.

Comment

Quite possible: there is no reason why he would need that monster when playing a modern amp. Who can tell, though, with Blackmore?

Comment

He is a quirky guy for sure. I am sure age has only made him weirder.

Comment

Badger Effects (makers of the Badgerplex, etc) made a "1011" stomp that is the exact circuit of the preamp found in the AIWA 1011 that Ritchie dug.

I have one of these and IMO it gets close to that later DP and Rainbow tone (I don't, however, have a Major nor the fancy tone Strat tone circuit he used).

Unfortunately, Badger Effects is taking a sabbatical for the time being.
                    Last edited by LLL; 06-05-2018, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
                      Quite possible: there is no reason why he would need that monster when playing a modern amp. Who can tell, though, with Blackmore?
                      I may be wrong, but I would doubt he would use that preamp with his ENGL sig amp nowadays... I don't see why he'd need the extra saturation.

Comment

Here's a wealth of Ritchie (and the AIWA 1011 he used) info from my research; it's the most prolific gathering I've found yet:

http://www.treblebooster.net/bsm-ton...chie-blackmore

http://www.treblebooster.net/bsm-ton...more/mk3-sound

http://www.treblebooster.net/bsm-ton...wa-the-studios

Comment

Dawk's MTC (Master Tone Control) in Ritchie's guitar:

http://www.treblebooster.net/content...snydtu/mtc.jpg

Comment

From that Blackmore page, it states:

He still used his old and trusty AIWA, but because of mechanical problems in 1992 only as a booster. Since 1992 the typical Blackmore 2/3 sec. echo came from a big Yamaha digital delay. He used this 19" rack-mounted Yamaha delay for his last Deep Purple studio recordings (“The Battle rages on ...” from early 1993) as well as for the last live album “Come hell or high water” from late 1993 and on all his later recordings.

Now I am not sure what his sources are, but it seems pretty researched. I can't verify any of this, as I've never read about his gear in this sort of detail before.

Comment

Working...
                            X