banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pedalboard Case: Antistatic Foam? Necessary or Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedalboard Case: Antistatic Foam? Necessary or Not?

Hey everyone. I am building a case using a vintage hard shell suitcase. I want to line it with foam, but need help with purchasing. I see that anti-static Polyethylene foam is available for electronics, but didn't know if static from regular foam would even pose an issue to my pedals. What do you guys think? I have a mix of analogue and digital pedals btw.
    - The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it.

Re: Pedalboard Case: Antistatic Foam? Necessary or Not?

I've never had a need for special foam for a pedalboard. I've used standard egg crate foam spray-glued to the sides of the case for years with no ill effects.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

My pedalboard sits in a cheap case that came lined with cheap eggcrate foam. It sits in that same case when I use it and electrical interference from static has never been a problem. I assume that's what you're worried about? If not, just ignore me :-)

Comment

Anti-stat foam isn't needed for a pedalboard, go with the cheap stuff.

Comment

If you were to use anything other than standard foam use static disipative as it has a longer shelf life than anti-static. I am a manager at a foam company and I’ve always used 30 or 45kg/m3 for amp cases, cab cover and pedal board foam. The only time I’ve used SD is when my son wanted some foam to pack his old spare pc mother up to sell it.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I went with regular foam. I'll have to post a picture of the completed project I guess.
            - The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it.

Comment

Working...
            X