• Show
Clear All

• NPD Seymour Duncan 805

Click image for larger version

Name:	A6417E61-BBEC-4264-B446-C872BE096172.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	5847999

Today I was killing time on a rainy Saturday and I was scrolling through Facebook marketplace. I see an ad where a guy was selling a few pedals. One was an 805 like new in the original box with all the paperwork for $90. I know that’s not a steal, but I’ve been wanting one for a while, you don’t see them for sale used that often in my area. I met the guy about an hour later, nice guy deal couldn’t have gone smoother.

I haven’t had much time to play it, but I’ve tried it with both a Les Paul and a Strat and it sounded great with both of them. Not all that different from my Tube Screamer but the tone is easier to adjust with three tone controls. I’m sure the more I get to use it the more I’m going to like it. Ninety dollars well spent.

Re: NPD Seymour Duncan 805

Congrats! It's also quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It is one of my favorite overdrives of all time. Solves all the problems I've ever had with a standard tube screamer.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Congrats!

Those pretty much never come around here on the used market. I really like mine. It has a very refined sound and the EQ is really handy.
        Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          It is one of my favorite overdrives of all time. Solves all the problems I've ever had with a standard tube screamer.
          Hey, which problems?

Comment

I love mine!

I can't decide wether I like mine better than my trusty old TS808, though.

Comment

Originally posted by jmcorey View Post
              Hey, which problems?
              Too many mids, and loss of bass frequencies

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                Too many mids, and loss of bass frequencies
                ^^^ Ditto. What he said!
                "Live by the Groove, Die by the Groove."

Comment

What I like the best about my 805 is that I can dial it to cut more bass and add more mids than my TS808, LOL. I think that speaks about how versatile it can be.

I go back and forth between my TS808 and my 805. I like the control I can have with the 805, but I just cannot get it to nail the mids of the TS808. The mid hump seems to be in a slightly different frequency on the 805 to my ears.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                    What I like the best about my 805 is that I can dial it to cut more bass and add more mids than my TS808, LOL. I think that speaks about how versatile it can be.

I go back and forth between my TS808 and my 805. I like the control I can have with the 805, but I just cannot get it to nail the mids of the TS808. The mid hump seems to be in a slightly different frequency on the 805 to my ears.
                    I think it is, too, but I think that is why I like it so much.

Comment

Congrats on a great pedal for a good price. I have an 805 and it's great. Try it at 18 volts though, it really comes alive with the extra juice. Also try stacking it, running my 805 into my Keeley Oxblood is unreal.

Enjoy it

Comment

Originally posted by RockinProf View Post
                        Congrats on a great pedal for a good price. I have an 805 and it's great. Try it at 18 volts though, it really comes alive with the extra juice. Also try stacking it, running my 805 into my Keeley Oxblood is unreal.

Enjoy it
                        Completely agree on the stacking front. The fact that it has eq and is quiet makes it perfect for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Does anyone know if there is any difference between the white knob and black knob versions other than the knob color?. I have wondered if one is an upgraded circuit over the other.
                          Al

Comment

I think the graphics of the most of the pedal line were changed at some point. The guts are the same.

Comment

Working...
                            X