banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voltage questions concerning Duncan pedals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voltage questions concerning Duncan pedals.

I have an Andromeda and a Silver Lake reverb on my board. They both run on a 9v dc adapter.
    The pedal power supply I’m using has 7 outs from r 9v, 1 at 12v and 1 at 18v.
    My question is:
    Would it be detrimental to run either the 12 or 18v output to either of these pedals?
    I know that some pedals can use 18v as a way to get extra headroom etc (just OD pedals?).
    Does the pedals have some sort of voltage regulator in the circuit? In other words, even if I feed it 18v does it have the capability of only using the required 9v and somehow shunting the extra voltage out of the circuit?

The power supply is a cheapie Donner isolated power brick.
    I’ve used it for a while now on other pedalboard builds and it has performed flawlessly.

Voltage questions concerning Duncan pedals.

Just saw online that the Vise Grip compressor (which I also use) is capable of 18v operation.
    So that frees up one more 9v slot for me.

Comment

Re: Voltage questions concerning Duncan pedals.

The Andromeda and Silver Lake are digital pedals, unless the manuals say they can run on more than 9V, I wouldn't risk it. Usually it's analog "front-end" pedals that use 18V to increase headroom.

Comment

Usually these voltage requirements are listed in the manual. Unless it specifically states that it can be run with more or less voltage, I'd say don't do it.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
          The Andromeda and Silver Lake are digital pedals, unless the manuals say they can run on more than 9V, I wouldn't risk it. Usually it's analog "front-end" pedals that use 18V to increase headroom.
          Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          Usually these voltage requirements are listed in the manual. Unless it specifically states that it can be run with more or less voltage, I'd say don't do it.
          Thanks guys. I’ll double check the manuals but I likely won’t try any more than 9v.

Comment

Update:
            The manual for both the Silver Lake and the Andromeda state that these pedals need 9v-18v with 300mA of power.

Comment

Well, there ya go! I wonder if they sound different at 18v. Being digital, my thought is they sort of convert it to 9v no matter what.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                Well, there ya go! I wonder if they sound different at 18v. Being digital, my thought is they sort of convert it to 9v no matter what.
                I’m going to send an email later today if I get a free minute. I still have a few questions I’d like to ask the folks at Duncan.

Comment

Working...
                X