banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cheapo used loop station. help deciding!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheapo used loop station. help deciding!

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a looping station to help me practice. What I expect to achieve is to train speed, create backing tracks for when I improvise or write, and be able to play dual guitars on my own.

Since I'm new to this I'd rather buy used in case I don't like it, and because I actually prefer to buy used instead of new

What I've currently found is:

Boss RC-1 : 90CHF (new) / 50CHF (used)
    Boss RC-3 : 140CHF (new)
    Jamman Solo : 50CHF (used) / 100CHF (new)
    Jamman express XT : 50CHF (used)

(For simplicity, let's say 1CHF = 1USD)

What I need is:
    - Basic looper
    Which all of those cover.

What I see as a plus is:
    - Saving
    - Metronome
    - Quantize
    - Backing track
    - Battery?
    Which only the RC-3 and Solo cover. The solo does not work on battery and it comes with a power source. This was a big negative for me, but after ready that all of the other pedals go throught batteries very quickly this is not a bad thing after all.

I was blown away by this video, but I gues this also applies to most loopers.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiXTcKo2YYI

If you could give me advise and share your experience with either of those loopers it'd be great. Also, if you see any problem with buying used.

Thanks a lot!
    Walter
    Last edited by waltschwarzkopf; 06-21-2018, 01:54 AM.
    "I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me."

cheapo used loop station. help deciding!

I’ve always found the Solo to be the highest value in loopers. I used to have an express and it was ok but it definitely lacked features.

The part that you may find frustrating is just having one button for any. If you have an external footswitch for different functionality will make your life easier.

The NUX Core Loop is an RC3 clone that you may want to consider.

Comment

Re: cheapo used loop station. help deciding!

I don't think you'd want to work on battery power, anyway...they wouldn't last long. For practice, I use a Jamman Express XT, which has no backing tracks, no metronome, and no quantize (you don't need that for practice). It also has no storage. You get really good at making loops on time, though, and when I had a Boss looper that stored stuff, I never used it that way. I grew up using loopers without any of that, and improvising with them, so I don't need any of it, although other features like feedback control are sorely missing on the most expensive loopers these days.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'm going to suggest look into a used Digitech Trio. Just a way out there suggestion. They show up way cheap on the bay. I assume dudes get them and don't read the manual.

I use the Express and love it. All the loop I need.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. But I thinkg I'd prefer something with a metronome, so I might go the the used Jamman Solo. Anyway, I'll go to a local shop today and try the different pedals the4y have there, maybe I find the one there.

Cheers.
          "I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me."

Comment

You may want to look into a used BOSS RC-20. I have had one since it was new. It ha 10 memory slots, five minutes of looping time, metronome, and you can overdub.
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
            X