banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What power supplies you guys using on your boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What power supplies you guys using on your boards?

I usually use voodoo labs. But I do not like having to use 2 outputs up to make 1 18v. The iso brick I have does the job for now. But the power cables are flimsy and the knobs for the adjustable outputs will not stay where I set them. I've tried putting tape over them to stop them from getting hit.
    But the pressure of the tape makes them go up or down 1-2 volts. My requirements are at least 2 18 volt outputs at least one 12v output. And 8-9 9v outputs. Just to make sure all my bases are covered. So far I am looking at the trutone 1spot pro cs12
    Mxr mc 403
    Walrus audio Phoenix
    Are there any others I need to check out?

Re: What power supplies you guys using on your boards?

I have the older DC Power Brick, never had a problem.

Had it like 10 years. I have a Snark daisy chain power supply also.

Comment

Truetone 1 Spot Pro CS12. Quiet, works great.

Comment

I’ve been happy with Voodoo Lab and TRex. If the TrueTone meets your requirements I’d have no hesitations.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I can't vouch for the trutone cs12, but I have had the cs7 for a while and it is rock solid. It has sliders for 9v or 12v operation that are impossible to move by accident.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Furman pedal board that has its own supply, but when I ran out of enough power from it, I added a True Tone 1 Spot. And then someone told me that my OCD would really like 18 volts so I added a Dunlop 18v wall wart to cover that. It's a work in progress.
            "Live by the Groove, Die by the Groove."

Comment

Years ago i bought a "Godlyke" power supply daisy chain. It crapped out within a few weeks. Returned it to Godlyke, they sent me a replacement, whithin a few weeks same thing that one died.

Do not use Godlyke.

Comment

For just regular pedals (5 of em), just the original One Spot. Works on through hundreds of gigs.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

What power supplies you guys using on your boards?

Truetone CS12 here for my main board. TRex Fuel Tank Chameleon for my small/pickup board. The Truetone replaced the TEx on my main board (more outputs, better noise profile)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by VinceT; 07-19-2018, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by InbredJunk View Post
                    I can't vouch for the trutone cs12, but I have had the cs7 for a while and it is rock solid. It has sliders for 9v or 12v operation that are impossible to move by accident.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                    I have that too. Works brilliantly.

TrueTone sells cables to up the voltage for 18v/24v. They're bit pricey (~25$), but only require one output.

I'm running 5 9v pedals + two 24v EHX pedals and one reverb that requires 500 ma out of mine.
                    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

About two years ago I put together a small board for my practice amp. Of course I didn’t want to spend a lot of money on a power supply so I bought a Donner isolated power brick. It was about $40. It’s worked flawlessly since the day I got it.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
                        Years ago i bought a "Godlyke" power supply daisy chain. It crapped out within a few weeks. Returned it to Godlyke, they sent me a replacement, whithin a few weeks same thing that one died.

Do not use Godlyke.
                        Any chance you overloaded the max-capacity?

I have the second version which is 2000ma with supposedly "upgraded" components, and so far so good, but I sure haven't pushed-it very hard yet, and it's not more than a few months old yet either. lol,,,,,,, I guess we'll see if it holds over time.

It is kind-of funny though, that the reason they upgraded to 2000ma was mostly due to their own 9-series pedals with the 9-18v charge-pumps overloading them.

Comment

Normally I use my old Cioks Big John, but sometimes I have a few old pedals that likes to get 12v then I use my CM Pro Power...
                          Also use a few home cooked ones sometimes....

Comment

I've got an older and a new DC brick on my boards, never had a problem with either.
                            TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

I think I am going to stick to the iso brick for now. That way I can focus on finishing getting the pedals I want.

Comment

Working...
                              X