Explain compressors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Explain compressors

Not my fault. All I asked was if a compressor can give me a longer sustain to enable me to play a long note. I did get the answer from TO. But others started dragging this in another direction by suggesting that I use a ebow or learn how to use hammer on and pull off and play it the right way and so I responded. If people didnt post unsolicited advice, the topic would have stayed with compressors.

If I asked anyone about how to do pull off's and then rejected the idea, then I understand. But I didnt ask any one how to do pull off's. It is my decision whether I use a compressor or use pull off's. Others dont have to feel bad that I am not using pull off to sustain a note.
    Last edited by mupi; 10-13-2018, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Or you could use one of these - https://gruvgear.com/products/fretwraps-1pk

FWIW, while it can take a lifetime to master an instrument no one said it would take 20 years to develop palm muting and pull offs, you could get quite good in a few months if you put in some real practice time.

But, in the end, we PLAY music, if what you are doing makes you happy, then go for it.

Comment

I'm on your side. Play whatever you want however you want. I think the comp pedal will prove handy for what you have in mind.

Comment

Haha wankers!!
          Anyways hijack complete...here is something for your dampings....and use three compressors....maybe switch to a onestringed thingy??? With 40 frets perhaps!?
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTwr-OLmju4

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1st_Headstock_-_Light_1400x.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	5810095
            If I only had a dollar for every song I've sung
            every time I had to play while people sat there drunk,

Comment

Get it equipped with frets for microtones.....

Comment

Working...
              X