Power Supplys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Supplys

Which power supplies do people prefer for a live set up?

I have been looking at the t red fuel tank classic but am confused about it's output.
    Is each of the 8 9V outputs 500ma (4000ma total) or do they all add up to 500 ma total. Anyone have any experience?

Re: Power Supplys

From the manual - https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...ser+manual.pdf

8 x 9V DC output plugs, all sharing the same
    ground, giving a total of 500 mA
    1 x 12V DC output with isolated ground,
    giving 500 mA
    1 x 12V AC output with isolated ground,
    giving 500 mA

Comment

Originally posted by Xandeeno View Post
      Which power supplies do people prefer for a live set up?
      What pedals do you want to power and what is your budget? Might help narrow it down.

I'm personally very happy with the 1Spot CS7.

Comment

I read the manual but find the wording confusing, so I take it that all the 9 volts are effectively a daisy chain
        Last edited by Xandeeno; 08-14-2018, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Does anyone have any experience with the fuel tank junior? How many pedals have people been able to power at once?

Comment

T-Rex makes good supplies but they are strange in that they arent all isolated. The Junior has 5 x 9 volt dc outputs. They are isolated. 120ma each.
            The 9V outlet section of the Classic is basically a fancy daisy chain.
            The Chameleons outputs are all isolated with selectable voltages for each. 300ma each output plus it has the one 12v AC output.
            The Goliath is similiar with 5x 9/12v switchable outputs, all isolated, but 450ma each. Plus 1 12V AC and 1 18volt DC output.

The Truetone One Spot Pro's are getting more popular and they are priced reasonably, relatively speaking.

Comment

Yes, the 9V outputs on the Classic are not isolated and, based on the wording of "500mA total", do seem to just be a daisy chain in a box, not separate circuits sharing a common ground.

A Onespot would be as good a solution for a lot less if you only need 9V.

Comment

I have a Donner DP-2 and a Vitoos PS1. Very similar supplies, not isolated, very cost-orientated, both have 10 outputs of varying currents and voltages. I think its just a fancy daisy chain really. Through my rig I get no noise or hum though, and everything works fine (I use 8 pedals, 2 are high current drawing). Got them both for like £15 (~$20 I think).

Although I have heard of people who have had problems with these type of power supplies. Could be worth a try.. quite cheap anyways!

Comment

Working...
                X