banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are Reverb the most expensive Pedals on the market ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why are Reverb the most expensive Pedals on the market ?

Yeah, I get that they're high-end studio rigs, but still. How "tweaked" can an algorithm get? How much lushness can they offer. I'd love to hear one. I only ever heard of these because they're what the YouTube guy SpectreSoundStudios uses.
    Last edited by ArtieToo; 08-23-2018, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
      Yeah, I get that they're high-end studio rigs, but still. How "tweaked" can an algorithm get? How much lushness can they offer. I'd love to hear one. I only ever heard of these because they're what the YouTube guy SpectreSoundStudios uses.
      The human ear is surprisingly sensitive to reverb sounds . . . it's baked into human psychoacoustics. Natural reverb gives you a lot of information about a room and while there are quick and dirty ways to make reverbish sounds, it's surprisingly difficult to make them sound really real. That said, I think that as an effect on a guitar amp it probably doesn't matter all that much. :P
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I agree, although, I can definitely tell the difference between "plate", "spring", and "hall" settings. "Plate" being the tightest.

Comment

Aren't Delays the usual overpriced pedal candidate?
          "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Basic delay prices have come down in recent years. You get into high prices when you want fancy delays that have tons of options with lots of user control (my favorite kind).
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Strymon blueSky Reverberator is pricey for a pedal...but when tried one could tell why...nothing I ever heard sounded anything close...they nail reverb somehow but charge a lot for it...

Comment

The Blue Sky is far from Strymon's most expensive pedal though.

Comment

I don't understand the how it works/what it would take but I bought a decent tank for my blues jr for 25 bucks. I have wondered how come you don't see spring tank verbs in pedal form.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyBsurfin View Post
                    I don't understand the how it works/what it would take but I bought a decent tank for my blues jr for 25 bucks. I have wondered how come you don't see spring tank verbs in pedal form.
                    There’s a few. Danelectro, Carl Martin, Reverbamate. But reverb has really evolved and people will buy much deeper effects than classic spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
                      There’s a few. Danelectro, Carl Martin, Reverbamate. But reverb has really evolved and people will buy much deeper effects than classic spring.
                      Also size. Those tanks are still pretty large when compared to your average compact pedal enclosure.
                      --------------------------------------------------------
                      1973 Aria 551
                      1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
                      1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
                      1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
                      1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
                      1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
                      2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Originally posted by justFred View Post
                        Strymon blueSky Reverberator is pricey for a pedal...but when tried one could tell why...nothing I ever heard sounded anything close...they nail reverb somehow but charge a lot for it...
                        Those are a staple for the worship community. The ambient tones are some of the best out there.
                        Guitars
                        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Cuz it's alotta work squeezing all those rooms, halls and chambers into a little box a thousandth of the size.

Comment

My Biyang Tri-Reverb is LUSH
                            way more then the digital in my amps
                            Way way more than the springs in my Laney and Carvin
                            EHD
                            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                            X