Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Boss ms-3 users

Hi there,

Need some help please if this would work before spending the money on this...

My current pedal setup is pretty much just using a zoom g5n. This thing is great but it has issues with how many effects can be added into each patch.

So I'm looking at other options to combine with the zoom.

I came across in my internet search the boss ms-3 which in theory would allow me to add in the zoom multi effects unit into one of the three loops on board the boss.

In theory this would allow me to incorporate amp simulation from the zoom g5n with the effects from the boss ms-3.

So my question, will this work? I don't know much about pedals except there are digital and analog pedals, so wondering if there is any issue with sound our sound delay if you added a digital pedal into a loop in a multi effects unit like boss?

Sorry for the wordy question. Any help is greatly appreciated and last thing I want is to spend 500 on something that won't work.

Cheers, Sean

Re: Question for Boss ms-3 users

In theory, what you describe should be possible. You can patch whatever you want into the 3 loops of the MS-3. Digital or analog shouldn't matter.

However, what you describe also seems unwieldy. You want to put one multi-fx unit into the loop of another. That kind of defeats the purpose of having a multi-fx unit, namely, having everything in one place.

You may want to experiment with running pedals in front of or behind your Zoom unit. I realize that's not as flexible as putting the unit into the loop of the MS-3, but it's potentially cheaper than buying the MS-3. For example, if you are using an overdrive inside the Zoom unit, you could put a overdrive pedal in front of the Zoom unit, thus freeing up that space inside the unit.

I myself wouldn't want the clutter and extra footprint created by running 2 multi-fx unit at the same time. You may want to think of getting a more powerful all-in-one unit like a Helix or Headrush.

Comment

Working...
    X