Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True analog flanger for under 50$??

Too good to be true?

I recently bought Joyo Voodoo Octave Fuzz, which turned out to be really positive surprise. Pretty much all the fuzz I might need. Due to running out of my pedalboard space I needed to evaluate what I need.

So I decided to let go my Deluxe Electric Mistress: It sounds great, but is hideously cumbersome. Not just big, but has volume drop and lacks ability to blend signal for lower setting. It's also that noisy it needs gate after it. I run LS-2 with it to address those issues. Three pedals for just flanger is a bit excessive, especially since I use it so little.

Looking out the alternatives I stumbled upon Joyo Classic Flanger. It doesn't just sound promising from reviews, but it's also true BBD flanger!

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-m...g-digital.html
    http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewto...13573&p=152212

Click image for larger version

Name:	sku_173510_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	5848994

Click image for larger version

Name:	joyo-classic-flanger-pcb1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	5848993

With this information I jumped and bought one from ebay. 47 euros with shipping from UK. Can't wait to try that out!
    Last edited by Jacew; 08-22-2018, 04:16 AM.
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Re: True analog flanger for under 50$??

Doesn't look like there is anything wrong with that. Especially for the price. If it works good and sounds good, it is good. Hope it works out for you. Not much risk, money wise.

Comment

It probably sounds more like the old grey flanger that some guy named Ed used than the Mistress.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
        It probably sounds more like the old grey flanger that some guy named Ed used than the Mistress.
        I'm pretty sure it's based on Ibanez FL-9.

What I've read online people are comparing it to either MXR or FL-9. I compared the pictures of insides and FL-9 and Joyo look quite similar (and controls are the same), while MXR looks wildly different.
        "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
        Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Yeah, good point, didn't think of the FL-9 this morning, especially since the FL-9 is 9V and the MXR is 18.

Comment

Working...
          X