NPD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD

Two, actually. Took a gander at OfferUp during lunch today, and saw many pedals were posted around that time. All by the same guy, and really good prices. Messaged him an offer on these two. So for just a little over $100 I got my first Tube Screamer and a Wampler Paisley Drive.

I’ve played through many Tube Screamers, and this one sounds like I thought it would. The Paisley was a little bit of a surprise. I knew they were good pedals, seen many reviews on them and heard Brian play them and talk about them many times, but holy crap! This pedal is awesome! Most of what I’ve seen was someone with a Tele, playing some Country licks.....but a Les Paul into this pedal through a Fender Tube amp is magic. I only planned on playing it for a few minutes before dinner, but time got away from me and my dinner got cold. So much this pedal can do.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F6CCF8F7-DC9D-46E0-8DEF-1482BEA8BA15.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	5849004

Re: NPD

Great deal! Have fun.

Comment

Good score!

Comment

Love the Paisley Drive and the Mini-TS, both great pedals!

Comment

You are a Burglar, that is a steal! You deserve a cold dinner.
          "Live by the Groove, Die by the Groove."

Comment

The last trip to Vegas this guy in a cover band was amazing and I talked with him between sets. His secret weapon was the Paisley. Nice score.

Comment

Originally posted by SAguitar View Post
              You deserve a cold dinner.
              Don't feel sorry for him. He was having a Cobb salad.

Hey Swampy. Can you elaborate. Is it subtle? In yur face? All of the above?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Artie

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                Don't feel sorry for him. He was having a Cobb salad.

Hey Swampy. Can you elaborate. Is it subtle? In yur face? All of the above?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Artie
                All of the above. It can do a subtle drive to a pretty decent higher gain. I’ll try to get a video of it. Im not the best at describing tones and sound. I just know in my head what I like and what I REALLY like. This pedal definitely falls in the latter.

The toggles are a great feature. They really do a musical thing. Not just there for a “more switches” sake. Brian seems to really know what his pedals need, not just fluff. The presence switch does its thing really well and the Mid Contour switch really is a nice feature that makes sense. Depending on the gain level I’m at and whether Its a more subtle rhythm-y thing, a more out in front rhythm thing or a more screaming part I’m playing, the switch is really cool to dial in a disired midrange.

Comment

Working...
                X