Clear All

• Anyone Try the Ibanez TS NuTube Yet?

One of these bad boys:

Click image for larger version

Name:	nts_c3_01_b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	5849081

Sounds like a neat idea, anybody got a chance to play one out in the wild yet? It is a bit costly at $250, but I suspect a few of you have tried them. What can they do that a TS-9 can't?
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Re: Anyone Try the Ibanez TS NuTube Yet?

Well it uses a miniature vacuum tube instead of clipping diodes. It also has a mix knob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
      What can they do that a TS-9 can't?
      Make your bank account go minus $250

Comment

Anderton's compared one of those with a TS9 and a TS808.

They agreed that the difference in tone is damn near imperceptible. I'm waiting for a doctor's appointment now, but try and search it on YouTube.
        Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
        Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
        Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
        Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Because I really like TS pedals, I'd be curious to try one. However, I'm skeptical of tubes in pedals, especially when they run on 9V batteries. Awhile back, I heard someone reputable (I *think* it was Brian Wampler) say that tubes in pedals aren't usually doing what you think they are.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Clever marketing for the Klone crowd

The rest of us like Tubescreamers because they're cheap, easy to find, and take forever to break. This model is expensive, rare, and i bet those tubes wear out eventually. I'll take any number of the thousands of clones that actually sound different or add useful EQ options.
            green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
              Because I really like TS pedals, I'd be curious to try one. However, I'm skeptical of tubes in pedals, especially when they run on 9V batteries. Awhile back, I heard someone reputable (I *think* it was Brian Wampler) say that tubes in pedals aren't usually doing what you think they are.
              Most of the tube distortion pedals are running starved mode and just acting as clippers.

Most of the tube PREAMP pedals are running proper voltage, the AMTs are running at ~300V.

Don't know about the Nu Tube thing though, it is supposedly a vacuum tube that runs at low voltage/current.

Comment

Yeah, in the NuTube FAQ they say it's designed to run between 5 and 80 volts.

Comment

Read NuTube output rated at 5 vs 12AX7 100...12AY7 40...12AU7 20...doesn't seem to be much of a tube but nu fer sure...

Comment

Originally posted by justFred View Post
                    Read NuTube output rated at 5 vs 12AX7 100...12AY7 40...12AU7 20...doesn't seem to be much of a tube but nu fer sure...
                    Well, are you sure that the low output is that much of a problem? After all, it's not trying to push a tube pre-amp or output stage by itself. I'm sure that it's going into something else solid state in the pedal, like an op-amp.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X