• Show
Clear All

• NPD Wampler Paisley Drive

Click image for larger version

Name:	059A4D63-2F4B-4BA1-A8A1-8C905EADF51E.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	5849133
    I guess it’s safe to say I’ve gotta stop buying boost pedals soon. I’ve got a few good ones already, and I just grabbed another one. I have been impressed with a few different Wampler pedals, but never pulled the trigger until now. A while back I tried a used Tumnus pedal at a store and it was pretty cool. I hesitated and someone else grabbed it. Last weekend I was looking at Wampler pedals on Reverb and one guy had a used Paisley listed. I’m not really what you would call a Brad Paisley fan, but I watched the demo video, and I really loved the tones. So anyway I kept scrolling and found one for $90.00, and I bought it.

It came today, and I’ve only played it briefly so far, but I really like it so far. If you want Motörhead dirt, this isn’t for you, but it does seem to do a bunch of stuff with a SSS Strat. It did the Robert Cray thing right out of the box, I rolled back the gain and got some jazzy Ronnie Earl tones. It’s a good light to medium sort dirt pedal. It has three mid tone settings depending on whether you like your mid tones boosted, scooped, or neutral. Also a presence switch that makes it brighter. I haven’t played a humbucker guitar yet, that’s next. So far, a really nice pedal.

Re: NPD Wampler Paisley Drive

Nice!

Wampler is one of my favorite brands now. Mostly the amp in a box series, but I’ve got a few others. I’m debating the dual fusion which is basically a Paisley Drive and Euphoria in one box.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Re: NPD Wampler Paisley Drive

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
      Nice!

Wampler is one of my favorite brands now. Mostly the amp in a box series, but I’ve got a few others. I’m debating the dual fusion which is basically a Paisley Drive and Euphoria in one box.
      From what I've seen their stuff is made very well, both in terms of durability and design. That Tumnus is a really nice clean boost. I've never played and actual Klon so I have no idea how good of a clone it is, but it does what it does really well. Another company that I've been paying attention to is Cast Engineering. I own one of their pedals and it's a tank, very well constructed. They are making some interesting stuff design wise also. Check out this Gypsy Haze thing:
      https://youtu.be/4AJFHHSRZ3g

Comment

Working...
      X