NPD: EHX Triangle Big Muff Reissue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD: EHX Triangle Big Muff Reissue

Got this as soon as they became available I can’t play it now without waking up my kids but hopefully I’ll do a proper report tomorrow.

Here’s their demo

Re: NPD: EHX Triangle Big Muff Reissue

I need one of these! Back in the early 70s I had a Guild Foxy Lady. That was a triangle Big Muff Pi rebranded for Guild. It got stolen, and over the years I get newer Muffs and they just don’t have the same smooth tone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Love the lead tones in these. I'm curious how these compare to the basic nyc-pi reissue.

I'm brand new to muffs having recently bought the opamp reissue. It's possibly the only version I would really get along with for my basic riffing. (thrash/death/black/white/green ect.,, metal) Maybe it's crazy but I like the opamp even better with a Boss CS-3 in front. (all knobs on cs-3 near noon except for the level between 1:00 and 2:00) Depends on the guitar/pickups of course.

Comment

That's on my wish list.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Comment

Update: played with it this morning and it’s exactly what you’d expect: a triangle muff lol

I played on my HS strat in a 5e3 at breakup but my experience is that Muffs usually takeover any setup so it should be representative.

I really liked it, it has that classic wooliness and ridiculous sustain that I personally love. I don’t have another triangle now but compared to the normal NYC I would say it’s in the same vein but without the harshness that the NYC has. Very different from my Hoof since that one is based in a green Russian and has mids on demand. I think the Hoof has a ton of flexibility and has a bit more complexity than the triangle. I can just get one actual tone of the triangle but I love it

Purists stay away, it has SMD.

Comment

Pics of the SMT PCB?
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
              Pics of the SMT PCB?
              Sure.
              I’ll post when I get back home this afternoon.

Comment

Cool. I love how EHX is finally reissuing all the different versions of the Muff.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

NPD: EHX Triangle Big Muff Reissue

Pics of the SMT PCB?
                  Here you go:

Can’t wait for JHS to swap two caps and charge $100 more.

The “est.1968” is cute.

Cool. I love how EHX is finally reissuing all the different versions of the Muff.
                  Same here. There are a couple of boutique shops that pretty much only do Muffs so it’s clear the market was there.

Comment

I love the the est. 1968 too.

Basically only SMT resistors, and at EHX scale that makes sense. Enjoy!
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

This one has tempted me as well as the re-issue green Russian.
                      I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                        This one has tempted me as well as the re-issue green Russian.
                        My two favorite Big Muff flavors. Definitely worth it IMHO.

Comment

Oh yeah ... how's the noise floor? Of the three or four fuzz pedals I have the Pharaoh is the quietest.
                          I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Not its strong suit unfortunately. Muffs are noisy as you know but this one is noisier than my Hoof. Less than the NYC; in its defense I crank sustain and tone up so maybe YMMV.

Comment

The op-amp reissue doesn't seem noisy at all, but It's not like I really use it in problem scenarios either.

Comment

Working...
                              X