Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NPD: EHX Triangle Big Muff Reissue

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post
    I need one of these! Back in the early 70s I had a Guild Foxy Lady. That was a triangle Big Muff Pi rebranded for Guild. It got stolen, and over the years I get newer Muffs and they just don’t have the same smooth tone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I didn't realize the Foxy Ladies were rebranded Big Muffs. I learned something today!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
      Congrats! New box version you mean the NYC?

Like this?

I had one for a long time. I even rehoused it to have it fit on my board, really liked it.
      No, the Little Big Muff, with the alloy box.
      "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
      Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
        No, the Little Big Muff, with the alloy box.
        Very cool. I've actually never played one!

Comment

Do y'all run your big muffs through the fx loop?

Comment

Originally posted by smitty302 View Post
            Do y'all run your big muffs through the fx loop?
            No, never thought to.

It's designed to go right after the guitar in front of amp. Running it before any buffer allows you to use guitar controls more effectively.
            "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
            Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

OK. I bought an EHX Triangle Muff reissue. The blame falls squarely on the conjoined shoulders of Bill Ruppert and Blillie. So far I am not convinced of its greatness, but I am still playing pedal rotation. Waddaya think ... OD into Fuzz or Fuzz into OD?
              I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                OK. I bought an EHX Triangle Muff reissue. The blame falls squarely on the conjoined shoulders of Bill Ruppert and Blillie. So far I am not convinced of its greatness, but I am still playing pedal rotation. Waddaya think ... OD into Fuzz or Fuzz into OD?
                Congrats! I feel honored to be in the same as Bill Ruppert.

Sorry you're not convinced YET. I've sold my boutique ones since I'm happy just with it

Is there something in particular it doesn't do or that it does that you'd like to correct?

Try OD into fuzz first, and OD that shapes the EQ. You don't need more gain and the volume will be compressed.

Comment

Working...
                X