Analog Rack Delays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analog Rack Delays

So I am looking at Ibanez AD202, but those things are pricey .... I am looking for hall/cathedral ambiance at some what "high gain" i suppose. The maximum i wanna take it up to on occasion would be in the neighborhood of Tony' Iommi's delay on Eternal Idol. I am planning to run it with BBE 922 Rack version, and a version of Rocktron Hush, it will be on most of the time but i can see it being off for some parts or some songs.

Danke!
    Active Duty Rig:
    MIA Lone Star Strat (HS-Fullshred/Tex-Special neck)
    Warmoth Roads V/Kramer Neck (HS - Custom/Tex-Special neck)

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Re: Analog Rack Delays

Hall sounds would be reverb (not delay), and digital (not analogue). For an analogue hall sound you would need to carry a cathedral in your gig bag.

I have yet to be disappointed by my TC Hall of Fame. Do you have to have rack mount? If so, maybe check out a an older used Lexicon or Yamaha SPX-90. I have two Lexicon Alex units. They are quite crunchy so I would check it out before purchasing, but I love 12-bit digital effects. The higher end Lexicon units are superb.

The new Lexicons, MPX I think they are called, can run multiple algorithms at once.

One note about capturing big 80s style sounds: there is often a delay both pre- and post- reverb. I would say that chaining delay after reverb IS the sound of the 80s (after gated snare).
    Last edited by TwilightOdyssey; 10-05-2018, 05:35 AM.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Roland SRV units were great also, an almost-Lexicon-sounding unit for less than half Lexicon money, back in the day.

Comment

Thanks Dudes,
        This is for live stuff, and i play with a lot of gain so reverb would be too mushy. Something to put before my BBE in the loop. Just to give a bit of space and wetness, I love the 9 series Ibanez analog delay, but i want rack unit to make it a bit more tighter, to my ears delays in the rack tighten up the bass much better ...
        Active Duty Rig:
        MIA Lone Star Strat (HS-Fullshred/Tex-Special neck)
        Warmoth Roads V/Kramer Neck (HS - Custom/Tex-Special neck)

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

Working...
        X