Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan Palladium and Andromeda Buzz noise

Hello everyone,

Sorry if anyone else has posted about this but I am running into an issue with these two pedals. I just bought them and when they are plugged in and activated, I am getting a buzzing noise that even a noise suppressor is not getting rid of. The Andromeda is doing the same. Unsure why as none of my other pedals do this. Has anyone else run into this?

Re: Seymour Duncan Palladium and Andromeda Buzz noise

What are you powering your board with?

Comment

if you use each pedal by itself, are they both noisy?

Comment

This would be unusual for both of them to produce noise. Can you try them in another building? Are you using the stock AC adapters?
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

my palladium didnt come with a power supply but ive used it with a few and never had noise issues

Comment

I had that happen to me when I first got the Andromeda. I had 7 SD pedals on the board and my T-Tex power supply was not supplying enough juice.
            New power supply solved it.
            sigpic

Comment

Livewire PHDC8 Slimline Power Daisy Chain/Multi-Pedal Cable Adaptor Kit is what I am using to power both pedals.

So one solution is that I need a new power supply. One more powerful. I noticed it when I first got the Andromeda. I thought it was just weird. Then when I got the Palladium, same thing happened.

I appreciate the input. Any other input is appreciated.

Comment

I have an Andromeda and a Silver Lake reverb. What I do is give each of them their own power supply and use my power brick to supply my “less demanding” pedals.
                Those digital type pedals use a lot of processing power. I’d just buy an aftermarket power supply wall wart type on eBay with the proper mA rating for each pedal and you’ll only spend +\- $20.

Comment

I would think any of these 'super pedals' from SD need a healthy isolated power supply. Usually noise problems are either they are under-powered or the AC coming from the wall is 'dirty'.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                  X