New Boss Wazas....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Boss Wazas....

...unless you want a Rockman, in which case the 2010s kinda suck. ;-)
    Last edited by Sirion; 10-16-2018, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Comment

Maybe the next waza models will be a compressor, phaser, or an upgraded ns2. I'd probably bite on a waza PH-1r.
        Now they've done the MT-2w I really doubt an HM-2w will be any time soon.

Comment

What BOSS needs to Wazafy is the CE-1

Comment

Can't see that happening as there is a CE-1 setting on the CE-2w
            TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Well those chips are long gone as well....

Comment

Wow, the more I look at it, the more I like the DC-2w. A true multi chorus with no knobs is something I need on my board, and that's coming from a guy who hates choruses.

From the clips I've heard, all the presets sound good, and I won't be down on the ground fiddling with it instead of playing.
                You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

I'm seeing a meme here: Wazacraft everything.

Gibson Les Paul Custom Waza
                  Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB Waza
                  Marshall 1959 Plexi Waza

etc...

(needs pics)

Comment

Hopefully no Ki-45 Waza

Comment

• Re: New Boss Wazas....

Waza = add a switch and a couple of components to a pedal and charge 3X as much. (Okay, maybe just the SD-1 version)

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                        Waza = add a switch and a couple of components to a pedal and charge 3X as much. (Okay, maybe just the SD-1 version)
                        And use discreet components instead of smd, upgraded buffer...and of course the mystique of it being MIJ.

The SD-1 is quite the price difference for sure, but the mt-2w for example is ~40% more. And of course others are only available used for insane prices.
                        TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

SMD components can be discreet, you're confusing packaging with type. As far as I know the SD-1 never used SMD components, but it does use an opamp (the same as a Tube Screamer FWIW) so that throws out the discreet part. I'm not sure you can fit all the components (or even buy all the components in thru hole packages) for the DC, I really don't know much about it, but I'm pretty sure it is digital.

In most cases, it seems like they've taken the mods they saw being made to their products and built them in up front. And I'm sure they have used some better quality components in a few key areas, but hard to say without opening one up. Anybody got one they want to take some gut shots of?

Sorry, not belittling them, I was just kinda blown away when they first came out with the SD-1w for $150 when a "stock" SD-1 was $50 new, so I was always a little suspicious of them. So, a "stock" one with a mod kit would be about 1/2 the cost of a Waza, and which one would be better? The SD seems to be the most drastic price increase between versions, but the chorus is almost double, and the MT and BD are 1.5X.

Not sure what's up with the tuner though, why don't they just build the better buffer and TB switch into the stock TU, I don't care where it is made, it will work the same whether it is soldered in Japan or Taiwan.

I'm not coming down on Boss, I've used their products forever and just dropped a wad of cash on a GT-1000 this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
                            And use discreet components instead of smd, upgraded buffer...and of course the mystique of it being MIJ..
                            AFAIK, the Waza stuff is not MIJ, just "quality-controlled in Japan".

Comment

All the new Boss “classic”’circuits have been revised with SMT. (SD-1, BD-2, DS-1 for sure)

Similar to how the CE-5 and BF-2 were digitized a decade ago.

I’ll bet you anything that if you open a new MT-2 made six months from now, it’ll be SMT. It only makes sense at the scale they are building and selling these at.
                              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Hopefully they dropped the hiss amp from all the circuits.

Comment

Working...
                                X