HX Stomp - this might be it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HX Stomp - this might be it

I've resisted the direct / muktieffect craze so far but the power in this tiny thing for $600, the price of an OK amp, is just too much to resist.

Re: HX Stomp - this might be it

I wasn't a fan of the HX Effects, just because of the weird ergonomic decisions they made with the design. I owned one for 2 weeks. I'd love to read the manual for this small one, though, and see if it solves some of the problems I had. The M-series was just an elegant design.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      I wasn't a fan of the HX Effects, just because of the weird ergonomic decisions they made with the design. I owned one for 2 weeks. I'd love to read the manual for this small one, though, and see if it solves some of the problems I had. The M-series was just an elegant design.
      Here you go: https://es.line6.com/data/6/0a020a40...English%20.pdf

I've never used an HX/Helix family product so I wouldn't really know. They tried to keep the same principles like scenes, paths and color coding.

Comment

Wow, looks like a lot of bang for the buck there!
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Well, reading through the manual, it seems like it has a full Helix in there. That is a lot to get to with just 3 buttons. While you can do complex programming, you are sort of stuck only accessing 3 effects per preset without additional switches. It would be good for something like adding a few effects to your rig you already have, but the M9 is a better product for that as you can access everything instantly.

Comment

Well, reading through the manual, it seems like it has a full Helix in there. That is a lot to get to with just 3 buttons. While you can do complex programming, you are sort of stuck only accessing 3 effects per preset without additional switches. It would be good for something like adding a few effects to your rig you already have, but the M9 is a better product for that as you can access everything instantly.
            HX Effects, it’s kind of like the updated M9.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
              HX Effects, it’s kind of like the updated M9.
              I thought so too, but it doesn't work the same. While you can set it to control individual effects, it excels at chains of effects (presets). It doesn't have a global looper, so if you use one a lot, it always takes up 1 button (at least). You can have many effects at once (more than the M9), but you only have direct access to a few of them at once.

Comment

HX Stomp - this might be it

I hear you. It may work depending on how one plays but it's definitely a trade-off.

In this video at about 8:00 they go over the control limitations.

Comment

Having owned several L6 products, the Helix lineup is definitely a game changer. I currently own a HX Effects to go with my valve amp in 4CM, but will get the HX Stomp for recording. If the number of stomps isn't enough, I can put the HX Effects on the loop, and almost have a full Helix without the real estate. I still have space on my board for it if I ever need to go amp-less.
                  Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

The HX stomp goes up to 5 pedals with the expression pedal and an additional switch. I went ahead and bought one for home use. I honestly don't see myself using more than 4-5 effects at once. The compact size, price, capability (has same/similar presets as the bigger HX), and IRs (can support third party) sold me. I live in a studio apt, so I can't crank up my 12w Gibson GA 6. I'll be using this with a Sennheiser HD 650 for silent use. I will also use the balanced line out with my Yamaha HS8s. Will report back once it arrives later next week.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Comment

I just saw the Headrush Gigboard, which was released earlier. It has an extra button and a touch screen. It also has a simulation of a tweed deluxe which is my favorite amp.

Originally posted by YeRedHouseOverYonder View Post
                      The HX stomp goes up to 5 pedals with the expression pedal and an additional switch. I went ahead and bought one for home use. I honestly don't see myself using more than 4-5 effects at once. The compact size, price, capability (has same/similar presets as the bigger HX), and IRs (can support third party) sold me. I live in a studio apt, so I can't crank up my 12w Gibson GA 6. I'll be using this with a Sennheiser HD 650 for silent use. I will also use the balanced line out with my Yamaha HS8s. Will report back once it arrives later next week.
                      Keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It'll be here Friday, but won't get to tinker with it until the late evening/night.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Comment

I wanna try this thing!!

Comment

I wanna try this thing!!
                            It looks fun and super easy to use. I’m still navigating the demos. A fair bit of condescendence from Helix fanboys about the tech been outdated in other forums.

This one goes through a lot of the amps I care about. https://youtu.be/mEvaBGDMoV0

Comment

I'm with Mincer, too much functionality for only 3 buttons. By the time you add an expression pedal and a midi controller or extra footswitches, might as well have bought the LT or full size headrush.

Comment

Working...
                              X