HX Stomp - this might be it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HX Stomp - this might be it

Cool then. Grab an LT because it works for YOU. Don't crap on those that find the stomp better for THEM. Easy solution.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Comment

Played one of these yesterday. I dig it! It's very much like my LT. I may have to pick one up to put on my board to use as a gig backup for my tube rigs. Don't feel like hauling the LT around for that.
      "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

Pricey, at $400 I'd consider it but at $600 its out of my budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
          Pricey, at $400 I'd consider it but at $600 its out of my budget.
          I get you have a budget but if this pedal is one thing is great value (assuming it does what you need).

Comment

I'm not sure if I'd call it value for money, the helix lite is great value at $1k both functional & sound quality wise.
            The hx stomp is very limited gigging wise as a standalone unit, difficult/time consuming with few buttons to make changes on the fly & it would require buying additional exp pedal/switches at about ~$25-50 for a durable one. So that makes it much less desirable to me for sure at $625-650.
            L6 could have priced it at $499, that way atleast it would be a good alternative to the atomic amplifire 6 for those that wanted helix amp modeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
              I'm not sure if I'd call it value for money, the helix lite is great value at $1k both functional & sound quality wise.
              The hx stomp is very limited gigging wise as a standalone unit, difficult/time consuming with few buttons to make changes on the fly & it would require buying additional exp pedal/switches at about ~$25-50 for a durable one. So that makes it much less desirable to me for sure at $625-650.
              L6 could have priced it at $499, that way atleast it would be a good alternative to the atomic amplifire 6 for those that wanted helix amp modeling.
              Exactly what I think. I think at $400, everyone would buy one and they'd sell 4x as many.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

HX Stomp - this might be it

FTR I'm pretty set on getting a Headrush Gigboard. It doesn't have the bank limitation, it has another button, a super easy interface, and, more importantly it has my favorite amps: Tweed Deluxe and Princeton Blackface. It doesn't have the three billion effects or amps I won't use in Helix. The only thing I may miss is an ambient-y reverb which I may just put in the loop.

Comment

Originally posted by B00B-screamer View Post
                  You guys are going to regret not just getting an lt for 200 more this thing is overpriced for 6 blocks, one gone with fx loop and another for external pedal usage, irs, cabs.

Knowing they have crap cabsims(compared to fractal) and distortions are a joke, there goes another block on eq that leaves you with maybe two effects.

This thing is just a cash grab with bad design. I don’t need something that small I am getting an lt and recording. That way I can bypass it’s crap distortion with my own pedals and make up for its crap other things that they are too lazy to make A+ like fractal it will get by

But six. No thanks what a joke

I’m even thinking save 200 more from an lt and just get a fractal ax8. And then u gotta worry about redneckinf it’s settings into direct recording. Why can’t they just make one thing that does everything great. Oh yeah they do but they are thousands of dollars.
                  Lol, then don't buy one. Vote with your wallet.

For me, it's nearly perfect. I wanted something small and handy because I travel for a living, and using plugins on the laptop is a PITA in my situation. Plus, I can build a pedalboard around this thing without it getting insanely big.
                  Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Originally posted by Gone_Shootin View Post
                    Lol, then don't buy one. Vote with your wallet.
                    You'd be surprised how difficult that concept is to grasp. I'm trying to explain to folks complaining about pickup sets from boutique builders. Don't shop boutique, buy used or something else. Whatever works for you in the end.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X