Clear All

• Effects Pedal Blog

Enjoy!

Re: Effects Pedal Blog

This is great, it’s like a bunch of thoughtful NGD threads in one

I’m a happy Eclipse user as well

Comment

I dig the inclusion of a looper, and I agree, every guitarist should have one even if they don't perform with one. I use a rack mounted looper- a pair of Echoplex Digital Pros. But for the ambient music I do, nothing works for me better than they do.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Looper would be nice, but really hassle to make to work if you get your dirt from amp. Really need two amps, signal routing etc...

Otherwise it just makes muddy mess.
        "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
        Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
          Looper would be nice, but really hassle to make to work if you get your dirt from amp. Really need two amps, signal routing etc...

Otherwise it just makes muddy mess.
          Just use an effects loop...or, for practice, just a dirt pedal before the looper into a clean channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            Just use an effects loop...
            Exactly! Or you can transfer the loop into a DAW with the X2.

Comment

Loopers let you play with yourself in front of everyone!!!

Comment

Just use an effects loop...or, for practice, just a dirt pedal before the looper into a clean channel.
                Recalling that... I actually didn't had an amp with a loop back when I was playing around with looper. It's just was sonic mess and I sold it after a week.

I may need to revisit that...

Originally posted by Old Guy View Post
                Exactly! Or you can transfer the loop into a DAW with the X2.
                That's what I do a lot. Record while playing, and playback recording over. Don't see a point or need for a looper there.

What's X2?
                "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
                  What's X2?

Comment

Sorry I don't have a looper... but you convince me.

Would you recommend the Ditto ? What about other pedals (Boss Loop Station...) ?
                    Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

The Ditto is a great simple one. The Boss ones had a bunch of (unnecessary) like drum tracks, etc. I use a simple Digitech for practice. But a looper is a great practice tool for improvisation.

Comment

I love the Boss RC-3's hi-hat track (quarter notes with a slight emphasis on beat one). It's much better than a straight click and it keeps everything locked-in perfectly without having to be as perfect with the foot. You can adjust it to whatever volume you want relevant to the guitar. A couple of the other beats are OK in the right context at the right speed, but I found most of the beats just about garbage for my uses. Still though it's an outstanding performance looper at that price.

The storage on the RC-3 is massive. You can also set the switching order a couple different ways. I didn't like the stock operation but you can quickly change it. The extra fs5u footswitch isn't really needed but it saves some wear on the pedal(especially if you tap tempo a lot) and it also eliminates the need to double tap.

Comment

Due to this thread I actually went and bought a looper. EHX 720

Very much same features with X2, but longer looping time, stereo operation and less extra stuff. No daw connectivity, usb or such. Just input and output and footswitch jack.

Arrived today. Can't wait to get to try it out.

Comment

^ That's is a good looper, I've heard! Personally, I don't need long loop times, or a click or anything (most of my loops are not rhythmic).

Comment

The Ditto is a great simple one. The Boss ones had a bunch of (unnecessary) like drum tracks, etc. I use a simple Digitech for practice. But a looper is a great practice tool for improvisation.
                              Thanks. Yes for this is great to have something simple to use.
                              I saw there is also a ditto with only one switch (but which can add layers).
                              Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Working...
                              X