Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Effects Pedal Blog

Originally posted by Francois View Post
    Thanks. Yes for this is great to have something simple to use.
    I saw there is also a ditto with only one switch (but which can add layers).
    The simpler Ditto had a shorter looping time and used only one switch to off and on your loops. It also couldn't connect to a computer to upload the loops for use in a DAW.

I'm a dork and like the X2 so I can have one switch for on and another switch for off. I also tend to play with a drum track or metronome when I intend to mess with loops, so being able to then insert the loop into a DAW is great for me.

Congrats on the new toy! I personally find loopers to be an amazing way to improve yourself musically on the guitar.

Comment

The simple one is all I'd need for practice. I am using a Jamman Express which is generally the same thing. I never do, say, full 12 bar progressions with it.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I will soon buy a Ditto X2 for many things : writing music, improvising, practising and maybe playing live.
        Just a question :

Anyone has tried the JAM version ? (TC Electronic Ditto JAM X2 Looper)

Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Are these similar to the Digitech(?) trio pedal, where it basically create a band backing track for you?

Comment

No, I think the Jam version can hear the tempo of a drummer playing along, and constantly adjust the loop speed. I don't usually use any rhythmic loops with a drummer- only for practice, so this feature wouldn't be needed for me. I tend to use loopers that have control over the loop once recorded (rhythmic/ambient), like feedback rate, multiply, and setting new start and end points on the fly.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I have not tried that one. I don't play in a band so for me something like that would be overkill.

Comment

Working...
              X