NPD x2: Voodoo Labs 4x4 and Boss PS-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD x2: Voodoo Labs 4x4 and Boss PS-2

Well, I found a used Voodoo Labs 4x4 a friend was selling, bought it for $180 and another friend gave me a 1987 Boss PS-2 for free, as it was apparently broken. I tested it via the tuner out jack and for some reason the jacks are switched. So the tuner out jack is now the input jack. :/ So anyway, here’s my board now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gear
    Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
    Synths: Roland D-20, Kawai K11, Yamaha QS300
    Leslie Cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 and 1974 Leslie 705.
    Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
    Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.
    Amps: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35

Re: NPD x2: Voodoo Labs 4x4 and Boss PS-2

Talk to me about the 2 EQ's: How, when, why, what order....
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
      Talk to me about the 2 EQ's: How, when, why, what order....
      The DOD is used to bring back some treble frequencies, and when I have my Ibanez 420 plugged in, I use it to cut the highs out and get rid of some of the bass to get feedback eliminated. The MXR is used as sort of a treble boost.

Gear
      Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
      Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
      Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarFanatic View Post
        ... another friend gave me a 1987 Boss PS-2 for free, as it was apparently broken. I tested it via the tuner out jack and for some reason the jacks are switched. So the tuner out jack is now the input jack.
        I would be a little leary of the PS-2, pretty sure the jacks are PCB mounted so if they are reversed, there is probably something else going on.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
          I would be a little leary of the PS-2, pretty sure the jacks are PCB mounted so if they are reversed, there is probably something else going on.
          Nope, not PCB mounted at all.

Gear

Comment

Interesting, so someone must have switched them, cool pedal.

Comment

Working...
            X